NYP self assessment - Page 5Register Today!
- Jun 7, '12 by Proverbs 16:3Hi,
Sorry about that; i didn't mean for it to come out that way. I think somewhere in this thread it was posted how many questions there were. They only give you 48hrs from the time of the email to take it. The post here on allnurses mentioned 23 or so questions but i say it has 23 screens. Which means a screen may have more. Again, it's not a test. someone on the first page mentioned how many initial multiple choices there are and how it changes afterwards. That person was right. it kinda helped me stay calm during the beginning knowing i have a few of those to complete. Use your best judgement in thinking about nursing and what a corporation like a hospital wants and you'll be fine. Don't be nervous
Quote from newgradJRHello Proverbs 16:3,
I did not ask for anyone to give me exact questions on the test. I simply wanted to ask about how many questions there would be. Not the exact questions, word for word.Last edit by Proverbs 16:3 on Jun 7, '12
- Jun 7, '12 by Proverbs 16:3Hello hopkins76
No i'm not a new grad. I do have a bachelors. I'm not that experience and i have no experience in the department i applied to and requested. If you look at NYPs website, it'll say they take new grads who have externship experience or other experience beside the regular clinicals required in school. If you have any questions, ask away and I'll be happy to help. Although I think we're in this together so i'm not sure i'll be of much help. What I've found helpful is doing a yahoo search for whatever you want and put allnurses at the end of the search question. there are so many threads on NYP here. The only problem is weeding through the ones from 05 vs those from last year.
Hope this helps. All the best.
- Jun 8, '12 by nycnursingDid anyone get a call back after the initial phone interview?
- Jun 9, '12 by humblenurse12I got an email the very next day from the nurse recruitment team saying that they may be in contact with me in the coming months. I don't really know what to make of the email, but after the phone interview she told me someone would be in contact with me in 1-2 weeks. The email seemed very generic and was titled, "NYP New grad en waitlist update." Did you get this email?
- Jun 9, '12 by newgradJRDid anyone have the screen that said "Thank You" on it at the very last section of the online assessment? Did you log out afterwards? I logged out and then that was it.... not sure if I was supposed to see any type of screen etc?!?!? There was no score or anything of the sort at the very end --you all got the same, yes? :uhoh21:
- Jun 9, '12 by nycnursingHumblenurse12- I didn't get that email but I was also told to wait 1-2 weeks. I guess we'll have to wait and see!! Did you take your NCLEX yet?
- Jun 9, '12 by Proverbs 16:3@ JR: I have no recollection of the test thing but i do know there wasn't a score at the end. I think hospitals are the only ones who can see your scores. Did i even log out? I'm not sure. What screen did i see at the end? the whole thing is a blur and it's only been a week since i took it. I just followed the instructions as to what to do which was clicking through the stuff on the right to get to each section. If you did that, you should be OK.
About the phone interview, I didn't get an email afterwards. I'm not stressing out so much about this. I may have to do agency nursing instead or even pick a travel position.
- Jun 10, '12 by humblenurse12@ nycnursing- No, I haven't took the NCLEX yet. I'm waiting to hear back from jobs first because I've applied to jobs in 3 different states. I need to figure out which state to get licensed in.
- Jun 11, '12 by newgradJR@ Proverbs, OK, yeah did/got the same thing as you. Thanks
- Jun 13, '12 by newgradJRAnyone hear back from NYP yet after the Career Battery assessment???