NSLIJ ED Fellowship 2012 - Page 2Register Today!
- May 23, '12 by NurseinNewYork75Are they accepting only BSN students? How many are in this cohort?
Quote from FIDOGSThey are interviewing, I just got a call from them. Hoping to connect with prospective candidates and past candidates. What was your experience like? How long was the program? and most importantly whats is the starting pay?
- May 24, '12 by moonriseRNAre you all BSN?
- May 25, '12 by mix1228Hi FIDOGS, I just wanna ask what interview questions did they asked you.. I just got a call from the hr yesterday
- May 25, '12 by FIDOGSThey are considering A.S. degrees and give you two years to enroll and 5 to complete. They expect that you know how to do a physical, verbal head to toe assessment. She is going to ask you about a patient that stood out in your clinical experience.how would you involve the family members and staff into helping the patient feel comfortable. key points are customer service.
- May 25, '12 by mix1228Quote from FIDOGSThanks for the info!! One more thing.. I got a call from them yesterday.. but they didn't tell me when is the interview..they asked me why I want to leave my work now,, I have a year of experience in a nursing home as an rn.. They told me that she's going to forward my resume to the manager and will call me yesterday or today.. But I haven't receive any.. Does that mean That I'm not accepted anymore? thanksThey are considering A.S. degrees and give you two years to enroll and 5 to complete. They expect that you know how to do a physical, verbal head to toe assessment. She is going to ask you about a patient that stood out in your clinical experience.how would you involve the family members and staff into helping the patient feel comfortable. key points are customer service.Good luck.
- Jun 2, '12 by FIDOGSThey do their appointments via email, did you get your email, if so how was your interview?
- Jun 3, '12 by Canny0626Congratulations on your interview FIDOGS! I have an interview scheduled for tomorrow for the ED fellowship as well. I spent my last rotation at this ED and all the nurses that I spoke with there who were graduates of this fellowship LOVED the experience and said it really prepared them well. The nurses there treated me with respect and did not look down on me because I was a student. I felt very welcomed. One of the nurses said typical starting salary is $75-$78k. I hope this info helps!
I was wondering if you could also answer some questions I have regarding the interview. How long did the first interview last for? Did they call you back for a second interview with the manager already? If so, how are the manager questions different? Thanks!!
- Jun 3, '12 by germsjacksonGood luck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes.
- Jun 4, '12 by FIDOGSHello Canny,
I have not heard anything from nslij yet, i know that the program starts july 23, 2012 and i might have been one of the first to interview. I was not able to get a timeline from the hr recruiter on when i was going to hear back from her. The interview lasted 30 minutes i believe, it was brief and straight to the point. I have an offer in place from another institution but would love to do the ed fellowship. Either way i am down for what ever comes next. Good luck and keep us updated.
- Jun 4, '12 by Canny0626The interview went well today and I am set for the second round of interviews. I am applying for the North Shore University ED and she said the manager there will call in a week or so. The first round was exactly like you said: brief, to the point. Your advice really helped me prepare for today so thanks! Good luck on everything and let us know which place you end up choosing