License of Endorsement for NY? Where do I begin?
- 0Jul 19, '11 by JaimeAnne,RNGood evening everyone,
I'm a newly licensed RN from NJ. I'm new to this site as a member but I've certainly come here many time for answers.
My question for right now is about the license of endorsement for NY. I have a current, active, license in New Jersey but I would also like to apply to have a license in New York as well. I've read through many of the past threads about this same subject but a few problems have come up from that:
1) The links bring me to nothing
2) Once I navigate around the NY BON, I'm not too sure I'm even in the right place or know which forms to fill out.
This link has many forms. But what do I fill out? All of them? And where do I send them?
I'd really like to get this process kicked off ASAP so if any1 knows the process, please let me know.
Thanks in advanced for any guidance you all can give me.
- 2Jul 19, '11 by loren.rnI'm from California and I got my NY license last year. I filled out 3 forms I believe, one was the application itself for NY, the second was my school verification which I filled half and the school fills the other half and sent that, and the third was my state verification (I sent the form and the CA Board fee to verify - you may have to check what NJ charges to verify licensure). I also took the child abuse class and infectious disease which are required by NYS - they provided links which helped and after the course test, they are electronically sent to the NY board.
It took about 3 months until I got my license in the mail. It wasn't hard, but it's just time consuming sending different forms to different places.. and it can be pricey, since everyone charges fees!
Hope this helped, good luck.
- 1Jul 20, '11 by NRSKarenRN Adminnurses licensed in another state
if you are licensed as a nurse in another state, you must provide the new york state education department with verification of that licensure. the national council of state boards of nursing (ncsbn) handles verification of licensure for a majority of states through their nurse system (nursys). you can check to see if the state(s) where you are licensed as a nurse participates in nursys by visiting their web site at www.nursys.com or by calling them at 1-866-819-1700.
if the state(s) where you are licensed as a nurse participates in nursys, you must request verification of your licensure from nursys, not the state(s).
if your state(s) of licensure does (do) not appear on the nursys list, you must use the verification of other professional licensure/certification form (form 3) to verify your licensure to new york state.
complete application packet all forms and instructions in a single pdf file - nursing licensing application packetLast edit by NRSKarenRN on Jun 22, '14
- 0Sep 19, '11 by want2wearscrubsHi JaimeAnne,
I have an NJ license also and applying for endorsement to NY. I'm about to sign up online for the two mandatory courses required by NYS, through here http://www.accesscontinuingeducation...s/new-york.cfm
I was just wondering if you were able to receive the NY license already and if so, how long did it take, after everything was sent?
I hope everything went smoothly
- 1Sep 25, '11 by JaimeAnne,RNHi there,
Well first I should admit that I overestimated the difficulty of completing the NY application. It actually was pretty straightforward. I mailed in my application on Monday, Sept 19 so let's see how long it takes....
I also want to add that I used http://www.elearnonline.net/ for my online courses....I apologize for answering late but this site sent my results straight to the board so I didn't need to include any extra paperwork.
I will post again when I do receive anything from the NY board. But if you have any questions in the meantime, don't hesitate to ask
- 0Oct 26, '11 by want2wearscrubsHi Jaime,
Seems we both sent our applications around the same time. I sent mine certified mail and I got the signed receipt dating 9/23 as date of receipt. I haven't received the license yet or any type of communication regarding whether I'm missing any documents. I've checked on their online verification site also. How about you?