CUNY LEHMAN - Accelerated Program Questions - page 2
by Patience2 16,165 Views | 26 Comments
Hello !!!! I just found out Lehman has an accelerated nursing program. Has anyone on this blog applied? Are you currently an accelerated nursing student at Lehman? Anyone completed or preparing to take the Pre-Nursing Exam?... Read More
- 0Dec 16, '12 by thecareerchangerwhat is the application process like? I hope to apply to SUNY downstate in the future but I would also consider Lehman's ABSN program (I live in Queens and would prefer a school that I could drive too that isn't too far). I tried emailing the school but have not gotten a response.
- 0Mar 5, '13 by Destin293Quote from elchavitoI'm submitting my application to lehman's accelerated program for the fall of 2013.
I'm taking the HESI exam this Saturday! I'm freaking out.
Were you a student at Lehman while you applied? I'm currently filling out the application for entrance into the program for fall 2013 and just had a "scary" chat with someone in Lehman admissions. From what I gathered on the website and while talking to the nursing department, I only needed to be accepted into the school before March 15th to apply for nursing -- there was no mention of being matriculated in order to apply (although I am matriculated at BMCC, another CUNY). When I talked to someone in admissions, they asked if the nursing department said I could actually take the exam because I'm not a student -- I told them I'm taking it on the 16th, so I assume that's a yes. Anyway, I'm getting nervous about wasting $75 to take the exam, $100 for the transfer credit evaluation, and $30 in transcript requests if it's going to boil down to having to actually be matriculated for a semester first before applying. I'd rather not toss away $200 needlessly!
- 0Mar 6, '13 by radioed@Destin293, did you get accepted to Lehman, the school itself(not the nursing program), yet? I'm also in the same predicament. I'm in BMCC and applied to transfer two months ago and haven't heard anything yet and I'm scheduled to take the HESI this saturday. I'm afraid I won't get an acceptance letter before the mar.15 nursing app deadline, which would be a waste of money for the exam, evaluation, transcripts, etc.
- 0Mar 6, '13 by Destin293Quote from radioed@Destin293, did you get accepted to Lehman, the school itself(not the nursing program), yet? I'm also in the same predicament. I'm in BMCC and applied to transfer two months ago and haven't heard anything yet and I'm scheduled to take the HESI this saturday. I'm afraid I won't get an acceptance letter before the mar.15 nursing app deadline, which would be a waste of money for the exam, evaluation, transcripts, etc.
Yeah, I was accepted as a student to Lehman -- I received my letter on March 1st (it was dated February 25th). I applied back in November and actually forgot I even applied until I received the acceptance letter to the school. You can call the CUNY system and it will tell you if your application is still under review or if a decision was made -- the number is 212-997-2869. Also give admissions a call and see if they have something in their system regarding the status of your application and they can get a letter sent out ASAP if a decision was already made (you have to e-mail someone else, but they will give you the e-mail address and tell you what to say). The only thing I'm not sure about is how to get the credit evaluation done. The woman I spoke with at admissions said I'd be receiving more information in the mail about how to send in the deposit and what step to take for the evaluation, but so far, I haven't received anything else. I'll let you know what happens next if I receive more info!
- 0Mar 11, '13 by thecareerchangerI hope you do not have to be matriculated! I plan to take most of my pre req online through SUNY but will probably have to take the organic chem in person which I hope to take at Lehman since they require it (I also want to apply to Downstate which doesn't require organic chem). I am only doing one class at a time so it will be a sometime before I will apply...good luck on the exam!
- 0Mar 13, '13 by Destin293Quote from radioedI don't think the transfer credit evaluation takes very long. At BMCC, I sat down with someone for a few minutes and they looked at my information and transferred the credits to BMCC's system -- it was really quick. The problem I'm running into now is that I received my acceptance letter and was told I'd be receiving more information, but I called again today and they said there's nothing in the CUNY First system. I was told to stop into the admissions office tomorrow and see if they can do the evaluation -- that there are no promise they could, but it's possible they might do the evaluation.They're still working processing my application =(. I doubt I will receive an acceptance letter by the deadline. Did they tell you how long the transfer credit evaluation will take once you submit your deposit?
What I'm gathering about Lehman is it's MUCH easier to apply to the program if you're already matriculated because the deadline for the nursing program application and the rate at which Lehman admissions operates for new students do not line up at all. I started this whole process in November which still wasn't enough time, apparently. I hope you're having better luck on your end because it's looking less and less likely I'll be pursuing Lehman any further as the deadline is only 2 days away.
- 0Mar 14, '13 by Destin293I just wanted to update again in case anyone is looking on how to apply. I went to Lehman today and talked to admissions about the transfer credit evaluation and they said there was nothing they could do unless it was handed in (meaning, there was no way to get it done). They sent me to the nursing department and I explained the situation to them -- they said you could still hand in the application without having the transfer credit evaluation done, but to make sure to hand it in as soon as it's completed. I dropped off the application to the department and when I came home, the commitment deposit/transfer evaluation form finally arrived (a few hours too late for today, though!). So, if you did get an admissions decision by the 15th, you can still hand in the application! I included the letter with my application, but I don't think it's necessary. Good luck to everyone else applying!