CUNY Hunter Accelerated Prog. Fall 2011Register Today!
- by cat. Jan 28, '11Hi! Is anyone else applying for the Accelerated Prog. for Fall 2011?
- Feb 9, '11 by ManhattaniteI am. Took the NLN yesterday. 134
- Ahhh. I'm taking the NLN this coming Tuesday. I'm so nervous about the verbal and science part. How was it?
- Hi guys! I am applying too to the accelerated program.
I took the NLN yesterday (tuesday) morning. It was hard but Im happy with what I got.
Is anyone else HATING this nursingCAS application? The lady on the customer service line is a really mean too!
Does anyone know if we have to send our transcripts in by the 25th or if they need to be processed by nursingcas by the 25th? If they need to be processed by then then I am kind of screwed.
- manhattanite- i just realized you took the test yesterday, we probably took it together haha
good luck to everyone! i think we should all get drinks to take our mind off of this stressfullnesssss haha *wine
- Yeah. I'm not liking the NursingCAS application. Did you guys do the references and personal statement part of the application? I'm pretty sure the transcript has to be postmarked by the 25th.
- Quote from cat.Hey cat,Yeah. I'm not liking the NursingCAS application. Did you guys do the references and personal statement part of the application? I'm pretty sure the transcript has to be postmarked by the 25th.
I did the references part and professional experience part not the personal statement part, but that was before that information session that we had this past week (I dont know if you were there) but they said that we don't need to fill in that stuff because they are only looking at the GPA and NLN scores. Personally, I think that Hunter should look at that stuff too because it demonstrates passion for the field instead of just your performance on a standardized test but hey, what do I know.
I keep e-mailing Ms. ***** to try and figure out if Hunter needs everything processed by the 25th on nursing cas or just sent in to nursing cas by the 25th. Since they just told us about this new application and the application takes so long to process I am thinking it just needs to be sent in by the 25th. I'll let you guys know if Ms. ***** answers my question.
What classes are you guys taking this semester?Last edit by Medic2RN on Feb 10, '11 : Reason: Please do not use personal names
- I wanted to go to the informational session but I couldn't go because of school. Was there any important info that I missed? Did they mention how many people were accepted into the prog last year? I finished all the pre-reqs except for microbio which I'm taking right now.
- Feb 10, '11 by ManhattaniteWhat did everyone get? Is it the same test? There was a science question with a graph to calculate the half life, the print was so tiny I couldent even make it out!
- Feb 10, '11 by foifiQuote from cat.Well they just said that they are accepting 32 applicants this year and that each year is different because it is such a new program they can't really base decisions this year on last year.I wanted to go to the informational session but I couldn't go because of school. Was there any important info that I missed? Did they mention how many people were accepted into the prog last year? I finished all the pre-reqs except for microbio which I'm taking right now.
Have fun with micro! I was talking with a nurse at my previous job and she was like all you need to know from micro is how to wash your hands haha.