Beth Israel Brooklyn - good, bad, indifferent?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Beth Israel Brooklyn - good, bad, indifferent? in New York Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I am considering a couple of travel assignments in New York. My specialty is dialysis. One of the...by Natkat Aug 6, '12I am considering a couple of travel assignments in New York. My specialty is dialysis. One of the choices is Beth Israel in Brooklyn (others include Suffern, West Harris and Albany). Anyway, a couple of years ago I was contemplating travel and Beth Israel was option back then too. It makes me wonder if maybe it's a horrible assignment and nobody wants it and that's why it's either still available or available again. Anyone have experience with Beth Israel? Is it a good place to work?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=767955©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 960 Views
- Aug 7, '12 by RNBeanNo idea what it's like to work there, but I live close by and it's a pretty crappy hospital as far as patient care goes.
- Aug 7, '12 by NatkatHmmm, well that's something to take into consideration. What's the neighborhood like?
- Aug 7, '12 by RNBeanThe area isn't terrible; immediately surrounding the hospital is mostly Jewish, private houses or 2 family homes and a few apartment buildings; parking is probably pretty tough over there and the closest train station is about a mile away. the bus lines that stop at the hospital do travel through some fairly rough areas. I would try to find a place in the Marine Park area, but it's mostly private homes for sale, not a ton of renting options.
- Aug 9, '12 by rokbeaaaaaLast edit by rokbe on Aug 9, '12 : Reason: made error
- Aug 10, '12 by NatkatSince it's a travel nurse position I'm hoping they'll find housing for me somewhere nearby.