St Kitts Nursing School???/ Confused
- 0Jan 10, '08 by jbriDOES ANY ONE KNOW ANY THING ABOUT THE INTERATIONAL SCHOOL OF NURSING IN ST. KITTS. THE CARIBBEAN ISLAND (LOL) I KNOW IT SOUNDS CRAZY BUT THEY TRANSFER UP TO 45 CREDITS TOWARDS A BACHULERS DEGREE AND IT WOULD 1 YR ON THE ISLAND AND 8 MONTHS BACK IN THE U.S TUITION IS PRETTY CHEAP,NO WAITING LIST.THOUGH I'M SCARED OF THE THE HURRICANES& IM ALSO HESITATING CAUSE OF MY FAMILY(KIDS) AND MY HUBBY DOES NOT WANT TO GO WITH ME,BUT IM DESSPEREATE AT THE SAME TIME. ANYBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS SCHOOL?? OR DONE RESEARCH ON IT ?? OR ANY INFO ON THE ISLAND OF ST.KITTS..
THANKS & GOD BLESS
- 19,994 Visits
- 2Jan 11, '08 by smk1Quote from jbriI just got back from a cruise where one of the stops was on the lovely island of St. Kitts and we passed the medical school ,veterinary school and the nursing school. Beautiful island and campus and ocean views practically everywhere you look. they have black sand beaches in certain areas due to a volcanic eruption a few hundred years ago. Very cool! People were nice, it was one of the cleaner, lesser expensive islands. Tourism is now the entire basis for their economy. Gorgeous and sunny. You'd probably have a really fun time.DOES ANY ONE KNOW ANY THING ABOUT THE INTERATIONAL SCHOOL OF NURSING IN ST. KITTS. THE CARIBBEAN ISLAND (LOL) I KNOW IT SOUNDS CRAZY BUT THEY TRANSFER UP TO 45 CREDITS TOWARDS A BACHULERS DEGREE AND IT WOULD 1 YR ON THE ISLAND AND 8 MONTHS BACK IN THE U.S TUITION IS PRETTY CHEAP,NO WAITING LIST.THOUGH I'M SCARED OF THE THE HURRICANES& IM ALSO HESITATING CAUSE OF MY FAMILY(KIDS) AND MY HUBBY DOES NOT WANT TO GO WITH ME,BUT IM DESSPEREATE AT THE SAME TIME. ANYBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS SCHOOL?? OR DONE RESEARCH ON IT ?? OR ANY INFO ON THE ISLAND OF ST.KITTS..
THANKS & GOD BLESS
- 0Jan 11, '09 by coloradochicaI heard about this school about 2-3 years ago. Every year I go a little further with my research. They now offer a BSN program which I have applied for and am waiting to hear back. I also am married with kids but my family would not go with me. Unless you are independantly wealthy, your husband would not be able to get a job there. I've had a hard time finding info on elem. schools but realistically it would be to hard to get visas etc find new school etc for the whole family. If I go there I will be going by myself. Since I am 37 I am looking at an accelerated BSN program. There is one offered in Colorado but it is a private school that would end up being just as expensive. Let me know what questions other questions you have and I'll answer them if I can.
- 0Jan 12, '09 by bananabubbleteaHello,
I was also considering nursing school in the Caribbean...but at the University of the Virgin Islands. I think this is a better option than St Kitts because it is a US territory and somewhat safer. You get US financial aid such as pell grants and loans to finance your education. There is a 2 yr ADN available without a waiting list.There is also a BSN. The Islands are supposed to be safer, there are bad parts and its reccomended not to travel after dark. I hope your family might be able to go with you. Another bonus is you won't need a visa being that it is a US territory.
- 0Jan 13, '09 by coloradochicaThanks for your info I will have to check the school out there. As with anywhere you go you have to be careful where you go and at what time of day it is. I have never been bothered by the "unsafe". You just have to be smart and aware. I have traveled to Mexico by myself and never once felt unsafe. Do you know if the VA nursing school is an accelerated program? That is my main priority at this time also. The sooner I get the schooling behind me the sooner I can become a nurse. Thanks for your info and I will check into this other school. Do you know the name? Good Luck.
- 0Jan 17, '09 by bibibiIt is not top secret. It will be difficult for you to transfer your credentials and take NCLEX here. Especially the education and certification standards are getting tougher every day. If you want to freely move between states and be able to transfer your license I would suggest getting a solid US Education.
- 0Jan 17, '09 by coloradochicaI guess what I'm not understanding , is that if I'm transferring to Colorado State University ( which is a very reputable college) and my bachelors degree is through CSU & I'm taking the NCLEX through them,is this not all legit? They are accepting alll of the transfer credits fron IUON correct? Will I need to take an extra review for the NCLEX? I was told that my actual BSN would be from CSU which is good!