Ratios in New Mexico HospitalsRegister Today!
- by JPine Nov 3, '06Hi. What's the nurse to patient ratio in your hospital? I'm really looking for information on Med/Surg units, but I'll appreciate anyone's contribution!
Does anyone know of a hospital that has 1:4 ratios on a Med/Surg unit?
- 5,279 Views
- Apr 15, '07 by jessicabWhen I externed at Presbyterian Hospital in Albuquerque, the General Surgery Unit was 1 to 4, but sometimes they went over that to 1 to 5. I heard that they have changed to having 1 tech for each nurse, and I wonder if that means you have to take more patients. I know that SAC and ICUs have lower ratios, but most med/surg units have up to 1 to 8.
- Apr 26, '07 by AmandaBrittainyStay away from Las Cruces, our med surg nursing ratio is 1:8 on a decent day at my hospital. We need a union.
- Apr 28, '07 by aerorunner80I work SAC/IMC and ICU and the ratios in IMC are 1:3-4 and ICU is typically 1:1. This is at Pres.
- Sep 26, '12 by britgirlis this the best hospital to work in new mexico and which area is it in, i am considering moving to new mexico and have icu experience.