Ratios in New Mexico HospitalsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Ratios in New Mexico Hospitals in New Mexico Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hi. What's the nurse to patient ratio in your hospital? I'm really looking for information on...by JPine Nov 3, '06Hi. What's the nurse to patient ratio in your hospital? I'm really looking for information on Med/Surg units, but I'll appreciate anyone's contribution!
Does anyone know of a hospital that has 1:4 ratios on a Med/Surg unit?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=187939©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,464 Views
- Apr 15, '07 by jessicabWhen I externed at Presbyterian Hospital in Albuquerque, the General Surgery Unit was 1 to 4, but sometimes they went over that to 1 to 5. I heard that they have changed to having 1 tech for each nurse, and I wonder if that means you have to take more patients. I know that SAC and ICUs have lower ratios, but most med/surg units have up to 1 to 8.
- Apr 26, '07 by AmandaBrittainyStay away from Las Cruces, our med surg nursing ratio is 1:8 on a decent day at my hospital. We need a union.
- Apr 28, '07 by aerorunner80I work SAC/IMC and ICU and the ratios in IMC are 1:3-4 and ICU is typically 1:1. This is at Pres.
- Jun 1, '07 by BeckyKRNQuote from aerorunner80I work at Pres also. Ratio is only 1:1 on ICU if the pt is really comprimised. Usually it's 2:1. Maybe 3:1 on stepdown pt's with no room to transfer to.I work SAC/IMC and ICU and the ratios in IMC are 1:3-4 and ICU is typically 1:1. This is at Pres.
- Feb 15, '11 by anonymous007Would you believe 1:10 in Roswell at ENMMC? Who would you complain to about feeling unsafe taking so many pts?
- Sep 26, '12 by britgirlis this the best hospital to work in new mexico and which area is it in, i am considering moving to new mexico and have icu experience.