UMDNJ Accelerated BSN Fall 2011 - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 28, '11 by mj0710I started the accelerated BSN program in May and unfortunately they do not make any exceptions for being unable to reach deadlines etc. Also, they are extremely strict about the 3.0 GPA requirement - when I was applying I understood that they didn't even look at applications with lower GPAs (which is also unfortunate because you could have a 2.9 from an Ivy league school and will not even be considered). Also, I empathize with you all regarding their lack of conditional acceptances. I quit my job in June 2010 and took 16 credits of science courses in the fall (the remainder of my prerequisites) assuming that I could apply for the Spring 2011 start as long as my professors sent progress reports indicating my standing in each of my classes. I maintained "As" in each of my courses throughout the semester and despite hand-delivering components of my application, changing my CPR course to an earlier date to make sure I would be certified on time, and calling on a daily basis to ensure that my recommendation letters and transcripts were received, I was e-mailed in November and was told that the application committee was unable to make a decision. After calling a number of times, I was finally told that because I had more than two prerequisites in progress at the time of application, I was not considered a "serious" applicant (apparently taking A & P I, II, Microbiology, and General Chemistry at the same time and getting "As" in each of these classes didn't prove to them that I really wanted to start in January). Anyway, I hope I am not discouraging any of you, I just think it's only fair that everyone understands that there really aren't any exceptions made in this process!
- Jun 29, '11 by km3428I'm sorry I just saw your post now. How did it go? I hope you've contacted the dean, its always a good idea to speak to someone so they can give you direction. I hope all went well.
- Jun 29, '11 by km3428At mj0710: How are you doing so far? How are your professors and your class/clinical schedule. Please reply I am getting very nervous.
- Quote from km3428Hey KM3428, I've gotten in myself for fall 2011. What are you plans as far as living. Are you planing on living off or on campus?Hey Everyone
I was originally accepted into the Summer Accelerated BSN program but chose to defer my enrollment until Fall 2011. I would love to connect with people who will be attending the same program. Maybe we could connect via facebook or this site and create a support group.
Waiting to hear from my future classmates!
- Hey guys, I have gotten accepted into UMDNJ accelerated nursing program starting this Fall 2011 and I was wondering if anyone else got in? I want to live off campus at a safe place. Does anyone want to room together? Any suggestion as to where to live? Please let me know. Thank you guys
- Jul 1, '11 by HelenRN88@kiki1984 Congrats!!! im still waiting for it. when did you hear your acceptance???????
- Quote from cosyHey Cosy, did you get in yet? I got in so let me know.It is a good idea to form a support group and stick together since I am also going to be in the Fall 2011 class. I hope to get accepted since I submitted my application early.
See you there soon!!!
- Jul 1, '11 by HelenRN88Congrats @kiki1984 !!! im still waiting for it. when did you hear your acceptance??
- Thanks Helena. I got the letter yesterday june 30th. I hope you get in too
- Jul 5, '11 by km3428Quote from kiki1984HI Congrats on getting in. I will be living off campus. Does anyone want to exchange emails? Spoke to someone who completed the program and she also recommended sticking together, we will all need support from one another at some point in the 15 months.Hey KM3428, I've gotten in myself for fall 2011. What are you plans as far as living. Are you planing on living off or on campus?