Student @ Essex County College (Study Buddies/Support)Register Today!
This is a discussion on Student @ Essex County College (Study Buddies/Support) in New Jersey State Nursing Programs, part of New Jersey Nursing ... Hi Everyone, So I will be starting classes for the first time next Tuesday after being out of...by jdlabadia Sep 2, '11Hi Everyone,
So I will be starting classes for the first time next Tuesday after being out of the college scene since 2002. So far I will be taking my prerequisites (Eng 101, Psych 101, and Elem. Algebra). I know I have a long ways to go until I can apply for the nursing program in my school - I was shooting to take the entrance exam by August of 2012 but I'm not sure if that's even possible.
Is anyone else here just starting out like me? I've been reading through posts here to see if anyone else was in the same boat as myself but I haven't been successful as of yet.
I'm a bit nervous naturally since it's out of my element and I've hardly picked up any kind of textbook for years now. I'm basically starting from scratch. I wanted to see if there are support buddies out there that I can reach out to or study buddies as well. Any kind of help or support would be great.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=612801©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,147 Views
- Sep 3, '11 by tnbutterflyMoved to NJ Nursing Programs Discussion forum for more responses.
- Sep 11, '11 by njmomHey there jdlabadia! I am also JUST starting from scratch and haven't been in a learning environment since some LPN courses in 1998. I'm taking the same exact classes you are this semester (ENG 101, PSY 101, MTH 086) ... Although I took pre-cal in High School, I was never fond of Math. Guess my brain dumped it after 14 years! LOL
Since I don't meet the math requirement for BIO 101 or CHM 101/103 pre-reqs, at this rate I won't be able to sit for NLN PAX RN until March 2013 for the fall 2013 day program. (I'm not able to attend the evening program. If you can, shoot for the September 2012 test date for January 2013 evening program)
I am very nervous! Best of luck to you!
- Oct 25, '11 by jdlabadia@njmom Thanks! I am definitely trying for the Sept 2012 test date. Right now I'm just trying to get through these pre-req's. I finally adjusted with going back to school. How are you doing so far?
- Jan 20, '12 by njmomHey jdlabadia! It's been quite some time.
I ended the semester well. How are you doing so far?
I am curious to know how you were able to register for BIO 121 this semester if not yet @ college level math (completion of MTH 092)? The reason I ask this is because my registration override for BIO 121 was not approved although I got an A+ in MTH 086 in the fall.Last edit by njmom on Jan 20, '12 : Reason: typo
- Jan 21, '12 by jdlabadia@njmom: I'm doing well. I'm currently taking the Bio 121 class now. I was trying to attempt Chem 103 as well but the professor I got was not working out with me and I couldn't find another professor to fit my schedule so I'll be taking it during Summer I. It was a good thing though because there's so much material to read in Bio that I want to focus all my attention on it.
In order for you to get Bio 121, you should have completed Math 092. I did that in the fall semester. I took the placement test for Math 086 and passed so I immediately got into the 092 course.
- Aug 18, '12 by yolandaozHello all I'm new to ECC, I need your advice on how to survive, send me a msg or email email@example.com