Our Lady of Lourdes Nursing Program (Camden) - Page 12Register Today!
- Jan 16, '12 by beautygirlsmomYou too! We've got even more motivation to grasp it now - and I see tutoring sessions in my future! Although, ironically, I did MUCH better with the tutors at Rutgers than I did with the teacher!
- Jan 16, '12 by kn1234I had to had all my sciences done before I heard a decision... You guys are lucky! Chem was extremely difficult. However I didn't have the best teacher... I took it at gcc. I got a C but at least I passed! Anyone on this thread starting OLOL in the fall? It would be nice to meet a friend before we start.
- Jan 23, '12 by mimika21Quote from kn1234Hi, i am starting in OLOL in fall. I would like to meet a friend before we start. Do you have any information on the new program?I had to had all my sciences done before I heard a decision... You guys are lucky! Chem was extremely difficult. However I didn't have the best teacher... I took it at gcc. I got a C but at least I passed! Anyone on this thread starting OLOL in the fall? It would be nice to meet a friend before we start.
- Jan 23, '12 by kn1234Hi! I dont have much on the new program, just that we have to take world civ before we start.. I am taking that now. We will get a letter when we get our classes and what not. Do you have face book? If so I'll send you a message on here so you can find me.
- Jan 23, '12 by mimika21Quote from kn1234I added you to my friend's list on facebook.I talked to program coordinator from OLOL, she said we will go through summer 2013, and will be done in dec 2013! They will send us a letter invitation for the meeting with faculty and introduce us to the new program.Hi! I dont have much on the new program, just that we have to take world civ before we start.. I am taking that now. We will get a letter when we get our classes and what not. Do you have face book? If so I'll send you a message on here so you can find me.
- Feb 29, '12 by Birdigrl286beautygirlsmom...I was just wondering, how are you doing in your chem class? It's still not going so well for me so I'm thinking about trying to take it at camden county and I was wondering if you were having better luck with the class your in now?
- Apr 3, '12 by jocy_anneI don't mean to hijack this thread, but I just wanted to mention that I applied to OLOL for the Fall 2012 class and never really had any problems with the admissions process along the way. I thought everyone was extremely helpful and enjoyed the open house I attended back in April 2011. I genuinely got the impression that the faculty and staff really wants everyone to succeed, and they will help you do so no matter what. Maybe other people have had different experiences, but this was mine. Also, I never really spoken to the newer admissions lady that's there now, so I'm not really sure if anything has changed since she arrived. I do recall them discussing prereq changes and partnering up with Immaculata, but it was very "off-the-record" at the open house last year, and from the looks of their website right now, it doesn't appear that anything has really changed in the last year. However, I did receive a letter from them a few weeks ago stating that they will no longer accept the Basic level of A&P I, A&P II, and Microbiology for anyone who applies to the program starting in Fall 2012. So it sounds like they're slowly starting to make their prereq changes.
Because I already have a Bachelor's in Law & Justice Studies, I also applied to Jefferson's Accelerated Pathway to the MSN program, and was just accepted into that program on 3/30/12. I decided that this program was a better fit for me, and it would allow me to start sooner, since I don't think I would have ended up getting into the Fall 2012 class (I'm still finishing up some prereqs...Gen Chem II right now (for Jefferson) and Microbiology in the summer). I start at Jefferson in September. In the end, it was really my previous Bachelor's that made my decision for me, and it was not in any way a reflection of OLOL's program.
Even though I am no longer planning on attending OLOL, I wanted to be sure to pass along my good experiences with them in hopes of benefiting anyone who is considering applying in the future. Good luck to those of you starting in Fall 2012 and Spring 2013!
- Apr 14, '12 by KayceeRN2BHi kn1234 and mimika,I am also starting in the fall have you ladies gotten anything besides the letter stating you have to take world civ history class? Are you guys still going to attend?Kaycee
- Jun 11, '12 by Birdigrl286Hey, I was just wondering how everyone is doing so far? I am almost finished general chem, and to my disbelief, I am holding an A so far....for anyone out there who still needs to take chem, I would HIGHLY recommend taking it at camden county w/ (MODERATOR EDIT OF NAME)...he is awesome...I have tried taking this course before, and this is the first time I am actually doing well. But anyway, I was also wondering if anyone who is starting in the fall or spring has gotten anything else in the mail yet from Lourdes? I am starting in the spring, and I know things there are things that have to be done prior to starting, but I haven't gotten anything yet...Last edit by sirI on Jun 12, '12
- Jun 14, '12 by Birdigrl286My last post was edited as per the terms of service. I did not realize I could not share the name of a professor on here, so if anyone would like to know who I was referring to, send me a private message.