Merit Technical Institute* NJ - Page 7Register Today!
- Sep 27, '10 by j1170hey nikki, of course im still interested thats how they almost got me, i will appreciate any and all info you can give me thanxxx so much,
- Oct 20, '10 by ruthie21Quote from j1170i was in the same situation as u a few months ago, didnt know what to do, but one thing i will tell u im currently attending mildred elley lpn program, if you pass or score really high on thier test and take the test early, u will not have to take the MA first and then try to transfer, mildred is agreat school to me, the location is great, the hours are great, from 8 30am to 12 or 11, or 2 sometimes, only four days a week, morning and night and i think week end also, the tuition is a lil high but if u qualify for financial aid, do a great essay for the scholarship, take some loans, and transfer credit if u have them it will not even be a concern, and books and uniforms are included also, to me beside VEEB in long island, i dont know any other school i will rather go to...HI to all PRESENT & FUTURE NURSES, I KNOW THAT YOUR POST IS OLD BUT I WANTED TO KNOW DID YOU END UP GOING TO MERIT I FOUND A SCHOOL CALLED MILDRED ELLEY IN MANHATTAN , I LIVE IN BROOKLYN BUT IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET INTO THIER LPN PROGRAM THEY WANT ME TO START IN THE CMA PROGRAM THEN I WOULD (SHOULD) BE ABLE TO TRANSFER OVER INTO LPN AFTER 6 MONTHS PROVIDING I DONT GET ANY THING LESS THAN A (B) IN THOSE CLASSES, I WANT THIS LPN THING SOOOOO BAD BUT I SMELL A SCAM OR SOMETHING DOSENT SEEM RIGHT. PLEASE RESPOND CLASSES START MONDAY AT MILDRED ELLEY AND TESTING @ MERIT IS ON WEDNESDAY . CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME AN OPINION ANY INPUT PLEASSEEEEE
THANX IN ADVANCE
- Dec 21, '10 by boohillI am so glad to finally hear some good things about Mildred Elley. To anyone else attending..Please post your experiences.
- Jan 31, '11 by sweetzzcoutureIm a lil late to this forum, but I use to go to Merit and I can tell you if your a very organized individual and looking for a set schedule do not go to Merit. Yea the class time n days of the week are scheduled but when its time to move onto the next class it may take 2-3 months sometimes. Meaning your 1yr LPN program can take a lil more than 1 1/2 yr. And they are very strict with their money. No money no test results. Financial aid forget about it. It doesnt exist there. If you tru calling the school you will be calling for hours!...But some of the teachers are very good and caring. The administrators may make you want to slap the sh*t out of one of them. Im definently moving onto my RN @ St. Pauls school of nursing.
- Feb 12, '11 by j1170hey lilly , did u end up going to merit im supposed to start on tuesday and desperately looking for some insight
- Hey everybody, i am also very late to this site, here is a good school but very intense program that i heard about in brooklyn
Brooklyn Adult Learning Center
475 Nostrand Avenue, Room 112
Brooklyn, NY 11216
- also check out this info about the program i posted up
- And to study for any of these entrance exams i recommend this book it is excellent thats how i passed one of my entrance exams----"Master the Nursing School and Allied Health Entrance Examinations" its by Arco and it is 17th edition
- Sep 18, '11 by msenaoneplease can you tell me the names of LPN school in NY , NJ accredited?
- Sep 24, '12 by kiki172Merit is in fact profit focus but honestly which school isnt? I paid my tuition out of pocket and I graduated from Merit. The boards exam was a piece of cake, and everyone that took the boards from my class passed on their first try. Along the way i saw many students dropping out and complaining that the school was awful but what do you expect if you dont want to work hard. Everyone that stayed is now an LPN and those that dropped out are still unemployed and complaining! If you want to make it... they offer a way but you have to do your part and as far as the tuition cost is a small price compared to what you will gain.