!!!!!Lincoln Tech Moorestown Lpn program questions!!!!Register Today!
This is a discussion on !!!!!Lincoln Tech Moorestown Lpn program questions!!!! in New Jersey State Nursing Programs, part of New Jersey Nursing ... Hi everyone I'm brand new to allnurses :D I am starting the full-time lpn program at Lincoln tech...by Amzie91 Jan 31, '11Hi everyone I'm brand new to allnurses I am starting the full-time lpn program at Lincoln tech this march I just wanted to ask a few lengthy questions so bare with me capable answers are highly appreciated: for Lincoln tech grads what kind of education should I expect? Did you have trouble finding work? Did you feel well prepared? How were the teachers? Was the school work very intense? I took the teas entrance exam and aced it but it was the easier version 3.0 I believe. I read some bad reviews on the program and when I went to the old Lincoln tech campus in mt laurel, nj it looked really cheap and low budget and I practically ran out the building after hearing the tuition. Now there is a new campus in moorestown, nj which is remarkably better looking than the old campus and they have some pretty high-tech dummies that actually swallow pills and read med errors They also have a lot more laboratory space, job placement and 5 different clinical locations (psych, peds, long-term, assisted living, and the job I currently work at as a cna which is a subacute rehab facility) Any reviews on this campus? It looks like a good deal to me I need to hurry up into a nursing program fast it seems it gets harder and harder each year to get into one and I finished all my prereqs but being waitlisted does not appeal to me. At my county tech school, BCIT, the tuition went up to a whopping 20,000 dollars every module you have to pay 4000 dollars and there is no option for financial aid how the heck am I supposed to pay 4000 dollars every few months out of pocket on top of trying to survive on my own with bills Lincoln tech's tuition is very pricey BUT with financial aid I'm paying less than 10,000 back at the end of the day. I'm very VERY EXCITED to be enrolled at Lincoln tech and to be that much closer to becoming a nurse Anyone else in or enrolling in this program? Sorry for the length of this message and feedback is highly apprieciated thanx, Am
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=529800©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 13,427 Views
- Feb 1, '11 by CAdamsI was accepted at Lincoln Tech in Hamden, CT. I will be starting Feb. 7th, 2011. I hear it's a hard program but I am determined to find a way to hang in there. I don't know anything about your school and have heard mixed reviews on mine, but my husband is a LTI graduate and he had a great experience.
I wish you all the best of luck!!!
- Feb 1, '11 by Amzie91Quote from CAdamsHey CAdams yea I think the experience is what the person makes it so im going to do my best to make it a great one I am pretty good at self study my friend that I work with said it is pretty difficult she failed pharm hopefully everything works out I wish you the best luck thanx for replying keep in touch with me about your program future fellow nurseI was accepted at Lincoln Tech in Hamden, CT. I will be starting Feb. 7th, 2011. I hear it's a hard program but I am determined to find a way to hang in there. I don't know anything about your school and have heard mixed reviews on mine, but my husband is a LTI graduate and he had a great experience.
I wish you all the best of luck!!!
- Feb 4, '11 by Amzie91Hey everyone I just found out tuition is 16000 for me after I finish but I guess its worth it since I can pay it back 190 a month over 10 years...it beats paying bcit 20000 when I don't have it or don't wanna kill myself doing doubles at work trying to get it my friend thats in the part time program told me at her clinicals they haven't passed out meds like they were supposed to bc the facility wouldn't allow them to so they just did cna work like bed pans i hope clincals consist of a lot more science of medicine she said that those cool dummies they have they don't even use! maybe its just too early in her program the day fulltime may go quicker into meds?? :-/ anybody in the program or was in the program full-time that started to get more into the nursing science??? Please let me know the details thanx!
- Mar 7, '11 by TryingtobuildafutureWhen are u starting? I believe I will be starting the end of this month full time
- Mar 19, '11 by Amzie91Hi yes I'm starting the end of this month too our second orientation passed the 18th on Friday REEEAAAALLLY EXCITED! We start march 25th for full-time day. Good luck!
- So far...EXCELLENT PROGRAM GREAT TEACHERS ALL NEW RULES BOOKS CURRICULUM PHENOMENAL RESOURCES GREAT LABS AND ACUTE CARE STRUCTURAL SETTING FOR SKILLS AND ITS ONLY THE 5th DAY!!! MY TEACHERS ARE TEERIFIC CLASS IS VERY PARTICIPANT IN ALL LESSONS WE LOVE LEARNING HELPONG EACH OTHER OUT AND GETTING A GRADES NEW DON TURNED THONGS AROUND AMAZING!!! HARD WORK BUT VERY FUN ALREADY GOT AN A ON AP TEST AND AN A ON NF1 QUIZ JUST STAY OM TOP OF THINGS TEACHERS ARE VERY VERY EXPERINCED AND KNOW HOW TO TEACH ARE HELPFUL AND REALLY WANT TO HELP STUDENTS FORGET WHAT YOU HEARD WE USED THE DUMMIES OUR 4th DAY AND IT WAS SO COOL THE DUMMY WE USED FOR SETTING STERILE FEILD WAS A DUMMY SET UP LOKE IT WAS A REAL PERSON IN THE OR WITH OPEN STOMACH AND CLAMPS AROUND IT LAB PROF. USED BLACK LIGHT TO SEE GERMS ON OUR HANDS AFTER HANDWASHING SKILL OVERALL SO FAR GREAT CLASS GREAT TEACHERS WHO ARE WELL PREPARED GREAT PLAN GREAT RESOURCES GREAT TIME
8:30 to 3:30 WITH PLENTY OF IN BETWEEN BREAKS EXCLUDING OUR HOUR LUNCH BREAK AND PLENTY OF EDUCATION I TOOK ALL PREREQS AT A REPUTABLE COLLEGE AMD FEEL LOKE IM LEARNING MORE HERE BUT ITS MORE FUN HERE!!! Best choice I made thus far ill keep u posted!
- Sorry for spelling errors im on my cell phone keyboard alot of those words are supposed to have i's lol
- oh and sorry if my post sounds elementary I can use fancy words and name all medical anatomical regions and terms but ehhhhh u get the point lol
- Apr 5, '11 by TryingtobuildafutureSounds like fun I wont be able to start until June...can u let me know where you start clinicals and where it was at plz!?