Lincoln Tech - Edison Campus Feedback PleaseRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Lincoln Tech - Edison Campus Feedback Please in New Jersey State Nursing Programs, part of New Jersey Nursing ... I have a appointment to meet with a rep from the campus next week and wanted to get a little feed...by ryan4814 Aug 13, '10I have a appointment to meet with a rep from the campus next week and wanted to get a little feed back form all of you first. I am current enrolled at MCCC and was going to apply for both of there co op programs, but I am also considering going for my LPN first and then continuing afterward for my RN. I would love to hear fom those of you that hav attended or applied and what your experience has been. Does the program you attend for your LPN affect your eligibility for LPN to RN bridge programs? Have any of you found it easier to get in to RN programs having already completed your LPN or just the opposite? Finally, what would my employment options be as an LPN in New Jerey? Are there options other the LTC? Like Corrections, Physicians offices, Surgical centers, Mental / Behavioral Health, or rehabilitation centers?
Thanks in Advance
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=497804©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,952 Views
- Aug 15, '10 by crn16Why do you want to do an LPN program first? If you want to be an RN I suggest going right into that.
- Aug 16, '10 by happyloserDo not take courses for LPN at Lincoln Tech... It is a private, for profit school that most institutions of higher learning look down upon and do not accept their credits. If you want to be an RN just go straight into an RN program.
- Aug 16, '10 by Dreaming1007Definitely do your research......Lincoln Tech has alot of consumer complaints against them. Try to find an LPN program at a local community college rather than these for profit schools, as mentioned by someone else. You can read complaints on www.complaintsboard.com.
- Aug 21, '10 by tnbutterflyMoved to NJ Nursing Programs Discussion forum.
- Sep 1, '10 by NikzI wouldn't waste time getting an LPN there is very very very little work for new grad RN's in jersey right now why would you put that much money and energy into something just to get nothing in return?
As for MCC I just graduated in May and loved the program, teachers are great help and really are there to help. I would either go straight RN if that is what you want.
- Apr 1, '11 by BEyourselfDO NOT GO TO LINCOLN TECH! no no no! $27,000 FOR CRAP! A FRIEND I KNOW WENT THERE AND "GRADUATED", HE WENT TO GO GET A JOB AND THEY SAID BECAUSE HE WENT TO LINCOLN TECH THEY WOULDN'T HIRE HIM. SO HE APPLIED TO COLLEGE AND DID IT ALL OVER AGAIN...ANOTHER FRIEND WENT THERE AND JUST GRADUATED.. HEARD THAT THEY GIVE POINTS TO STUDENTS WHO DONT DO WELL TO KEEP THEIR "95% PASSING RATE" QUOTE. I WOULDN'T WANT A NURSE TAKING CARE OF MY MOTHER WHO JUST PASSED BECAUSE OF FREE POINTS. ANOTHER THING IS IF YOU DONT PASS YOUR FIRST QUARTER, THATS NOT $9,000 YOU LOSE, ITS $27,000 YOU LOSE. ITS BOGUS, EXPENSIVE, THE TEACHERS ARE YOUNG AND DONT HAVE EXPERIENCE. GO TO A COLLEGE WHERE IT IS STATE ACCREDITED. UNION COUNTY COLLEGE HAS A GREAT PROGRAM AND YOU PAY BY SEMESTER. IF YOU DONT LIKE NURSING, FEEL ITS NOT FOR YOU, DIDN'T DO WELL, IT COSTS YOU WHATEVER THAT SEMESTER COSTS, NOT $27,000
- Mar 22, '12 by mandzlpnI totally disagree with the statement on lincoln tech and there nursing program. Yes Lincoln tech is expensive but its a private technical school so that people dont sit on waiting lists and there classes are started more often then once a year like vo-tech. As far as lincoln tech "passing" students for them to keep there precentage up, thats FALSE. Unless you have been a student there I suggest keeping your comments to yourself. Just as any other LPN program, it is hard.. and requires alot of studying and work. Lincoln tech doesnt allow anyone to graduate without passing an exit exam with a certain score, and if you cheated your way through nursing school SHAME ON YOU! and it will show when you dont pass your NCLEX. Negative comments only come from people who 1. drop out or 2. cheated there way through. I took my NCLEX two months after graduating, passed the first time and had a job a week later at an assisted living facility and I also just recently interviewed for a correction facility per diem so there is job opportunities available to LPN's. You just have to get out there and look and not sit home and do everything on the computer =) .