Gloucester County 2013 Hopefulls!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Gloucester County 2013 Hopefulls! in New Jersey State Nursing Programs, part of New Jersey Nursing ... Hey guys. If your like me and have trolled the threads looking for insight into GCC admission tips...by DBMedic May 14, '12Hey guys. If your like me and have trolled the threads looking for insight into GCC admission tips this is for you. I have not seen a post for GCC since 2011. So here is our chance to share tips and knowledge of the HESI, pre-reqs and the Admission Packet. Good luck to all.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=710122©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,401 Views
- May 15, '12 by dt5053I am also looking into the GCC. I haven't been able to find out too much information about the testing and everything else, but I was told to schedule an appointment to talk with someone about it. Hopefully they can give me some good information. Is anyone looking into any other schools?
- Jul 11, '12 by tammy85Hello! I am also a 2013 Hopeful... I am taking my HESI aug 2nd but plan on taking it as much as I can (4 times) to get the best grade I possibly can. I am retaking my A+P1 class so I can get an A but currently my overall GPA is a 3.347. What I am wondering is, will they look at students who took a class only once and got an A before me or will I be okay because an A is an A...? Reading on other sites, I hear spark notes is really good.
- Jul 22, '12 by dannipointHello, my name is Danielle. I was accepted to GCC's nursing program for 2011 but I gave up my spot to live in NY. However, I have moved back to NJ and will be applying again for the 2013 program. Currently I am taking a Medical Assistant program at GCC so I can afford to attend the nursing program in September of next year. I pretty much know the requirements for the program, so if anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to post them below. Let's share a little about ourselves and why we want to be nurses, as well as the GCC nursing program, pre-reqs, ect. Look forward to hearing from you!
- Sep 4, '12 by dt5053Hey, I'm Denise. I am looking into applying to GCC for Fall 2013 also. I am also applying to another school DCCC closer to where I live, but they only accept a very small amount of people (20-30 I believe) into the program and it's strictly based on your TEAS score. So I am applying to both just to be safe. I just took the TEAS and it was a little hard. In order to take it twice I had to sign up on friday to take it today so I didn't get to study much. It seemed easy, but I really didn't get to look over things first. How was the HESI? Also does anyone know how many students they accept into the program each year? I got a C in A&P which I'm not sure is good enough to get in, but I have an A in A&P II and an A in both Lab Bio and Chemistry classes.
- Oct 22, '12 by dannipointHi Denise. From my experience applying GCC requires you to take the Hesi A2 test. It has Chem, Bio, English, Reading Comprehension, and some Math. It also has critical thinking. I highly recommend the study guide for the Hesi. When I went to the information session they said either Bio/Chem or AP 1 or AP1 will suffice. Whichever you have an A in use that because that's what they are looking for. The program takes around 100 people I think, don't quote me on that. I'll have to ask someone who is already in the program. Have you taken all your pre-reqs?
- Dec 11, '12 by emels1187hi! my name is Emily. I'm looking into the GCC nursing program for 2013. I'm both excited and extremely nervous!! I currently go to BCC and I'm finishing all my pre-requisites this semester. I'm super nervous about the HESI test. I'm horrible at taking test and my anxiety takes over. I have an appointment with a counselor on Thursday to learn more information about the program. I know the application needs to be in by March 1st, so I only have one shot at passing the HESI if I want to get into the fall program! Does anyone have any tips about the HESI, the program, ect..? looking forward to hearing from everyone!!
- Dec 12, '12 by emels1187Hi, I'm taking the hesi test for GCC in a month. Have any of you taken the test yet? Any tips at all would be appreciated!
- Dec 13, '12 by JustBeachyNurseThreads merged. Please note there is a forum under students specifically for discussing HESi and other entrance exams.