Bergen Community College Nursing Program Question - Page 139Register Today!
- Once you're accepted, your status will change. If I remember correctly, it'll change to "accepted", or "nurse-day"... or someting like that. It will be clear once you're accepted though because it will no longer say "ready for HESI". I think for us, it took about 1-2 weeks after the final test was taken before they made status updates. You won't get an email or anything like that, so checking the status is the only way you'll know, unless you wait for the letter in the mail (which takes a lot longer). The waiting is torture! Hang in there
- Quote from rnhopeful1Rnhopeful1, What are you basing your gpa from? I have advanced degrees, and want to change careers... since my degrees are OLD.. I needed to retake Anatomy 1 and Chem. I did so last semester... my gpa at BCC last semester with those 2 classes was 3.75- If you look at my BA... it's like a 3.2, and if you look at my Masters.. it's like 3.8. I too would totally assume that any admittance can NOT be based off of one test. Not everyone does well with testing... look at all the major 4 year colleges even the Ivy's. They require certain SAT scores, but also look into the "WHOLE" applicant. A person who can test well on one exam but doesn't put the commitment into a semester class and gets a 2.5 or less... shouldn't be ranked any higher than a person who scores an 80 on the HESI and yet demonstrates a solid GPA. I have a friend that is a resident Dr at Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) in Manhattan. I recall when he was applying to medical schools. He did fantastically on the MCAT exam, but many med schools did not accept him because he didn't have the volunteering hours under his belt. Yet, strangely, he did have his Phd prior.. in BioPhysics from UCLA! REALLY SMART GUY! But, because he didn't volunteer and candy stripe and whatever.. he was rejected from most of where he applied. He ended up doing a year of volunteering at UCLA Medical Center, and reapplied the following year. He got into all of the schools he applied to..Yale, Harvard, NYU, and Pitt. So scores for Med schools aren't the only thing that drives acceptance, it would be totally retarded for RN programs to only look at one thing!Yep i got an 80, but my GPA is a 3.6. I only got a 70 in bio and chem! my best subjects! I did notice that you were required to have certain score in the Grammar section in my evolve account over view...I don't know my nerves are shot i have so much riding on this I am ****** that I only got a 70, and I thought I reviewed everything 2 months leading up...I heard that there are some people that scored a 76 and got in, and that they have to meet certain quotas for admission. I refuse to believe that someone who has a 90 or better with a 2.0 GPA can automatically get a seat, but perhaps that is the rule they have to follow...
Good luck to everyone..
- Quote from krissy3Krissy,Once you're accepted, your status will change. If I remember correctly, it'll change to "accepted", or "nurse-day"... or someting like that. It will be clear once you're accepted though because it will no longer say "ready for HESI". I think for us, it took about 1-2 weeks after the final test was taken before they made status updates. You won't get an email or anything like that, so checking the status is the only way you'll know, unless you wait for the letter in the mail (which takes a lot longer). The waiting is torture! Hang in there
How long did it take to get the letter in the mail? I am dying! I got into Holy Name, but don't want to commit to anything until I hear from BCC and compare the costs.
THANKS! You are such a huge help!
- As of yesterday the class average on the HESI dropped to a 77.
- For us, it took about 1-2 weeks after the final testing day, BUT we had the disadvantage of waiting during thanksgiving break which I think delayed things somewhat. I'm sure you will all know something by next week!
- Elfie2012, they base their decision on your HESI score and residency only; GPA isn't considered. When I was accepted, I asked Elsa in the Admissions office if they considered GPA at all and she said "no". I actually looked at the list of accepted students; we were all ranked according to our test score only. She said that Bergen Co. students also received priority consideration.
- WOW. I did well on the HESI, and hope that my 91.3 is good enough. But nonetheless, it really sucks for people who kick ass all year long and work for their A's.. and screw up one test based off of either a rough sleep, not eating breakfast, a fight with a family member in the morning.., or just simply test anxiety, etc.. and not be accepted. Whats the point of them asking for all my transcipts than? I mean.. getting all my college transcipts took DAYS... of calls and faxing, and some schools actually asked for money for them (retarded and ****** me off! You'd think my tuition back in the day covered my asking for a transcript once a decade). Knowing that my degrees were dated... and I'd have to take my sciences over... what's the point of jumping through the paperwork hula hoops if it all really comes down to who can test well? (This is so going against my Special Ed training!.. My hairs are standing on edge! Uggh...)
- Apr 14, '12 by rnhopeful1Elfie2012, I was basing it on my BCCC GPA I have finished all the pre req's and classes that I could based on the nursing program, so all that is left is the nursing classes. I even finished all the Kean College requirements so I can jump right into that once I get my license. I see now that GPA doesn't matter and that is fine, just wanted a few leg ups but no biggie if I don't get in this time, ill just try again, just will have to improve in Bio and Chem I was more worried about math, and gee whiz I could have snoozed through that part. But it is good to here BCC students get priority, ill take anything. I do wish everyone the best of luck getting in, I feel your pain!
- Apr 16, '12 by gbayck9UGH!!! Was really hoping we would find out today. This wait it T-O-R-T-U-R-E!!!!
- Apr 16, '12 by rnhopeful1yepper..I hear ya, you would think we would learn to keep calm from previous classes threads!