UMDNJ Accelerated BSN Spring 2013 - page 4
18,668 Views | 84 Comments
Anyone applying? NursingCAS is so frustrating!!... Read More
- 0Oct 16, '12 by infiniteselfQuote from KPOVSure, I actually was un the process of creating one a few days a ago but I opted out because I heard that the program itself is in control of the social networking aspect. If they arent, I have no problem starting one. Ill let everyone know when I've finished so we can start friend/liking the pageCrystal & Lianna,
Congrats!! Look forward to meeting you both as well.
Do you want to start the FB page? Lindsay (from Fall 2012) said she started theirs and posted it on this website, and many people found it before the semester started (others joined after orientation). Let me know if you're going to do it.
Congrats to the recent acceptances.
- 0Oct 16, '12 by infiniteselfThis may sound like a silly question, but what exactly is the NALC program? I did not receive anything in my acceptance packet about it and I don't remember seeing it anywhere in the ABSN program description. I am concerned because I will be traveling in the weeks prior to the start of the semester.
- 0Oct 16, '12 by flyersfan88Quote from infiniteselfThis may sound like a silly question, but what exactly is the NALC program? I did not receive anything in my acceptance packet about it and I don't remember seeing it anywhere in the ABSN program description. I am concerned because I will be traveling in the weeks prior to the start of the semester.
NALC is the Nursing as an Additional Language and Culture program....from what I've gathered it's 6 hours a day 4 days per week a few weeks before classes start. I didn't get any info on it either, just what's on the website for 2012 students. It seems incredibly helpful and interesting. I'm sure we'll get more info on it soon!
As for facebook, there appears to be a Newark Spring 2013 group, so I don't think the Uni is in charge (or else it's unfair they left us Stratford students out! lol).
- 0Oct 20, '12 by teacher2nurse.Hey Stratford Ladies!I heard about the NACL offering from girls I took my prereq's with. I send an email to the Stratford contact person on the UMDNJ site from the 2012 flyer on the page and she sent me a form to fill out and also more info on the dates and times. Let me know if you can't find it! I was told that they were still not 100% sure of the dates and that's why no info was sent out yet. I imagine they will send it out soon, half the dates were Nov and then also some in December. It was a really broken up 9 days all together. Good luck!! Crystal
- 0Oct 21, '12 by infiniteselfUMDNJ Stratford ABSN Sp 2013 Facebook page has made its debut! Though clearly it is a work in progress. I'm not very tech savvy, so I welcome suggestions of any kind.
Please let me know if you'd like to be officer/administrator etc.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Oct 21, '12 : Reason: ToS---links to FB are not permitted on these forums
- 0Oct 21, '12 by KPOVInfiniteself,
Awesome! Now I just need to figure out how to join it...haha...I found it and 'liked' it but it's not showing under my pages in FB...so I'm not sure how to join it. Do you know?
I noticed it was an open group page...We may want to make it a closed group page so we can all feel comfortable posting throughout the term. I've noticed on other group pages, they are pretty open about what they like, what they don't like...in terms of classes/professors/etc,. Making it a closed group ensures that anyone that is not a 'friend' (such as professors), can't see our posts. I'm not too tech savvy when it comes to FB, so I'm not sure how it can be changed....but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Maybe someone can help us....please:-)