south jersey regional medical center vinelandRegister Today!
This is a discussion on south jersey regional medical center vineland in New Jersey Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hi can anyone tell me if they work at south jersey regional medical center in vineland and if they...by thee_thee13 Aug 6, '06Hi can anyone tell me if they work at south jersey regional medical center in vineland and if they like it? I heard its a beautiful hospital and they are offering a bonus. I currently am a new grad and have been working a another south jersey hospital but am not crazy about it. Any input such as what they are hiring for, the pay, and conditions would be greatly appreciated. thanks :spin:
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=172094©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,358 Views
- Aug 9, '06 by Country PICUI am sorry to see that no one has replied to you. I live in vineland but I do not work in the health care field at this point. I can tell you that the hospital is a really nice one. I took my cpr class there. I am hoping to get a job there in 2008. The area is alot of farms but also alot of medical offices.
I wish you the best of luck.
- Aug 12, '06 by naijanursei live in vineland, and i dont want to say anything bad about the hospital, just that it wasnt the place for me. most of the students that went to school with me ended up there, and my aunt also works there. from what she tells me, most of the new nurses that they hire stay to get their one year experience and then leave. its still a fairly new hospital, and they shut down 3 hospitals and built the one, making it very limited in bed availability. if u have an emergency, dont ever go to that er, cuz ull be waiting there for hours trying to get seen. plus the nurses are trying to unionize, and i think that the hospital got into trouble for the making life hard for nurses who were pro union. dont get me wrong, the hospital is beautiful, with every patient getting a private room, and state of the art technology. but theres just something about the place that just didnt feel right to me. living in the area, ive seen and heard a lot of things.....
- Aug 15, '06 by CallMePattiQuote from thee_thee13I've been working there for 2 years and like it a lot. I have wonderful managers and co-workers. They have a great orientation program for new grads, too. You can see what they're hiring for on the website, www.sjhs.com.Hi can anyone tell me if they work at south jersey regional medical center in vineland and if they like it? I heard its a beautiful hospital and they are offering a bonus. I currently am a new grad and have been working a another south jersey hospital but am not crazy about it. Any input such as what they are hiring for, the pay, and conditions would be greatly appreciated. thanks :spin:
- Thanks so much. Are they still offering a sign on bonus and/or tuition reimbursement? One of my friends is accpeting a job there and saids good things
- Also can u tell me the nurse to patent ratio? thanks
- Aug 16, '06 by CallMePattiQuote from thee_thee13Sign-on bonus: I think soThanks so much. Are they still offering a sign on bonus and/or tuition reimbursement? One of my friends is accpeting a job there and saids good things
Tuition reimbursement: yes
nurse-to-patient ratio: varies from unit to unit
- nurse to patient ratio on a surgical acute floor? thanks
- Sep 2, '06 by HotmaleSPNHello, I have worked at the RMC since Oct 2005, so I can answer any questions you may have. I worked as a CNA while going to nursing school. It is a very clean and beautiful hospital. I dont know how they can keep staff their though to quite honest. They have 2 aides for 38 patients, and when an aide calls out sick there is only one aide for all those patients, and I dont like to work under those circumstances, its like the patients are being cheated out of care. They start LPNs at $14.00 per hour which is a joke, everywhere else starts at $18.00 per hour. ALot of LPNs start out at what the Rn's make at RMC at Vorhees peds. I really dont work there for the money, I work there to get the valuable experience. Most of the Doctors and Nurses love to teach and will let you assist and observe. Of coarse there are a few that dont want to be bothered with students, but that is everywhere you go. If you have any more questions I will be more than happy to answer them. Check out their web page, i think it is sjhealthcare.net
- Sep 3, '06 by thee_thee13Thanks. I got a job offer for the ICU and i am just trying to decide whether or not to take it and its an hour drive from my house. I currently work at Virtua. Is the weekend commitment every other weekend?