NJCU FastTrack BSN Program Admission RequirementsRegister Today!
- by ashhast Oct 19, '10I'm getting ready to apply to the 2011 FastTrack BSN Program at New Jersey City University. I was wondering what standards people had that were accepted to the program in the past. I know it says 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 Scale (preferred but NOT required) Have people been accepted to this program with a lower GPA? If so, what was it? And what else did you have to excel on in order to get into the program?
- Oct 25, '10 by ashhastDoes anyone have any information??
- I want to know more about this program too. I applied for Jersey City Campus (September 2011 cohort)...still waiting.
- What are your credentials like?
- I am a senior, bio major at Rutgers...Cum.GPA is really low... 3.1 not competitive at all Also I didn't do good on HESI so I am not sure if I am going to get in.....I also took NLN PAX for Hunter college Accel.BSN program and aced it.. but to me, HESI was way harder than NLN PAX even though it didnt have physics or chemistry part like NLN PAX. I applied quite early like in February although the deadline for Jersey City is End of May. Just waiting and waiting...how about you??? did u apply?
- I'm actually in the process of applying right now. I also have a low GPA from my undergrad. But I graduated from Rutgers in 2008, so I'm kinda getting back into it right now. I'm taking my pre-requisites and doing well in all of them. What grades did you get in the pre-reqs? I know the pre-req grades, HESI exam and recommendations are very important to applying to the program. What did you get on the HESI? I'm scheduled to take it at the end of the month. Hopefully I will do well :S I know it's not rolling admission so they won't make any decisions until after the deadline (May 20)
- All my pre-reqs are either B, B+ or A. But all these crazy hard science major classes are messing up my GPA (like organic chemistry, physics and molecular biology etc) lol. anyway my average HESI score was only like 79......I read somewhere 80 is the minimum requirement for the program...so I don't I am competitive enough hopefully my recommendations and my essay will boost up my application a little bit...good luck!!
- Aww, well I know that they look at the overall package. So you can still have a shot Best of luck, let me know how it goes!!!
Ps - did you study for the HESI?? I have the study guide, but I wonder how much help it will be?
- Thank you! I recommend you to study with the official study guide!!!!! I regret not opening my book and went to take the exam....I took it last month-a day before my last spring break as a undergraduate and right after my orgo exam...so my mind was definitely somewhere else when I was taking the exam lol. so didn't excel in the exam...Good luck on the exam ashhast!!!!!!!!!!
- Apr 20, '11 by kristintI had a 3.8 GPA when I graduated. I am taking my final pre-reqs to get into the program (I have all A's). My HESI score was a 98. I was originally wait-listed for the program, but I have now been accepted. It seems extremely competitive, and it seems like it will be an insane amount of work!