NJ Nursing License- time interval to receive licenseRegister Today!
This is a discussion on NJ Nursing License- time interval to receive license in New Jersey Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Has anyone taken their NCLEX in May or June gotten their license from NJ yet? I want to know how...by RNin Jul 6, '12Has anyone taken their NCLEX in May or June gotten their license from NJ yet? I want to know how long is it taking since they say they have a new system. I've taken mine over 2 weeks ago and have yet to have it processed into the system. I have friends in other states who have their license in 2 days after passing the exam.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=753827©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,018 Views
- Jul 6, '12 by JustBeachyNurseDid you complete your fingerprinting and background check yet? NJ sends all applications to committee to approve licenses before issue. Unlike other states that issue ATT after the application is complete & background check is clear, NJ will send ATT pending background check. It's never been that quick (the new system involves the ability to submit your application electronically rather than mail in a paper app and wait 3 weeks for the BoN to enter you into the system, make sure that your school sent its certification of graduation and then issue approval for background check & ATT.
The general time span for NJBoN to issue a nursing license (assuming that you completed your background check/fingerprints and they are cleared) is 4-6 weeks post completion of the NCLEX. It does take a bit longer in May/June/early July as the number of applications is increased with the graduations from many nursing schools around the state.
- Jul 7, '12 by RNinI have submitted my fingerprinting before my NCLEX. Does my school send my graduation info before I get my ATT? Would it be possible for me to get an endorsement in another state before getting my license in NJ?
- Jul 7, '12 by JustBeachyNurseYou can't endorse a license without an actual license. The license number is required to endorse.
Your school has to send your graduation requirements before your ATT is issued. My guess is that you'll likely get your license in the next two weeks. There was a midweek holiday this past week that slows down state efforts plus budget issues (as usual). You can try calling the BoN for an update on your account. Plus many new graduates apply between May & June that causes some of the backlog.
You should also be able to view your license application status online. https://newjersey.mylicense.com/eGov/Login.aspx
I can't check any more since I have my license already but when I was in process I was able to make an account (at that time you couldn't apply online) and the list of requirements showed the status of my application. If you applied online you should be able to log in using the same username & password.
- Jul 8, '12 by RNinThank you for the information. Unfortunately, I applied by mail and cannot use the site to check my status. I guess I'll just be patient and wait for my license.
- Jul 8, '12 by JustBeachyNurseTry creating an account. I had no choice to apply by mail and was able to create an account to check my application. I don't think that procedure has changed. Just make sure you don't lose that sign in info so when it comes time to renew you'll use the same account.
- Jul 9, '12 by RNinIt worked and I was able to see that it's pending approval from board/committee and my nclex result. Looks like its sitting somewhere waiting to be processed. Thank you for all your help
- Jul 26, '12 by whiteb41975Did you get it yet?
- Aug 2, '12 by genwritesHi I tested 7/2 and am still waiting....the call center is useless.
- Aug 2, '12 by whiteb41975Yes the call center is useless it really shouldn't take this long!! And everytime I call
I get a different answer. It is driving me nuts!