Nj license by endorsementRegister Today!
- by grceRN25 Dec 7, '11HI EVERYONE! I KNOW THAT THERE ARE COUPLE OF THREADS WITH THIS INFO BUT SOME ARE OUTDATED...ANY INFORMATION ABOUT HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT? I CURRENTLY HAVE CALIFORNIA LICENSE AND DID SUBMITTED MY NJ ENDORSEMENT APPLICATION TWO WEEKS AGO. ANY IDEA OF WHEN CAN I EXPECT THE FINGERPRINTING LETTER? PLEASE HELP ME I AM REALLY WORRIED I JUST HAD MY INTERVIEW EARLIER AND THEY TOLD ME I HAVE TO HAVE IT BEFORE ORIENTATION BY JANUARY 25..PLEASE HELP THANKS.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=650939©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,305 Views
- Dec 7, '11 by Ashley, PICU RNCall the BON frequently. I mean at least every couple of days. That's what it will take to get your app processed quickly. The minimum time you're looking at is 4 weeks, but 8 weeks isn't unusual for NJ.
- Dec 7, '11 by grceRN25wow..that long? omg. im worried now..and it takes forever to call bon nj.. they keep u on hold like forever..ill be more patience then..huhuh.
- Dec 7, '11 by MomRN0913Bad news........
I know 2 nurses right now and they are on month 3!
The DON at my facility said it's taking longer because of that Cullen case. And they have, like know staff, she knows someone there apparently.
- Dec 7, '11 by NYSNOWBUNNY007ok.. I applied in June of this year...and i FINALLY got my license issued Nov 2...application for endorsement...NJ is the WORSE state ever to deal with when it comes to applying for endorsement...they take FOREVER...please make sure you fill out everything and call them to ask if they received everything from finger printing cards to the check...I called and they claimed they never received my check in the package...they lied it was there and they misplaced it ...how do i know i received the original check back in my mail box "check was cancelled" ...So I had to send another check...when you do mail everything give it about three weeks for each step...you send in the original app...takes approx 3 weeks to process...then you send them the finger print cards...takes them three weeks to send to FBI and its now taking the FBI 3-6 weeks to process background check and report to NJSBON your clearance...make sure when they do send the finger print cards to the FBI you call the FBI to verify it has actually been received..B/c NJ will tell you they sent it and they didnt...get my frustration with NJ?...lol..send in everything as soon as possible follow up with phone calls...MANY phone calls...stay on top of them and hopefully you can get your License in three months...but on average now its anywhere from 3-6 months...
- Dec 7, '11 by NYSNOWBUNNY007by the way..NJ BON told me that the reason they are so strict now and do not provide temporary licensing is because of the famous Cullen Case...smh
- Dec 7, '11 by grceRN25that is that cullen case about?? seriously? how am i suppose to get this job now..orientation in on 25 jan.
- Dec 7, '11 by xxryu139xxi took my california NCLEX on july 4th. got my license july 8th. applied for endorsement in nj a week later. hand-delivered it to NJ BON myself and by august 15, i was able to find my name in Nursys.com. It took over 6 weeks to process and then they mailed me to get my fingerprinting done. as soon as they received my fingerprint i got my license processed right away. I didn't have to keep calling and checking up on my license.
- Dec 7, '11 by Ashley, PICU RNWhere is your job? Is there a later orientation you can attend?
I had to miss my scheduled orientation due to NJBON delays with my license (they lost my paperwork). I had to attend the next month's orientation.
- Dec 7, '11 by JustBeachyNurseFYI- "That Cullen Case" refers to Charles Cullen, a nurse who was a notorious serial killer claiming to be a mercy killer presently in prison.