NJ Hospital + staffing regulationsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on NJ Hospital + staffing regulations in New Jersey Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... see: n.j.a.c. title 8 hospital licensing standards chapter 43g subchapter 9. critical and...by NRSKarenRN Admin Feb 4, '09see: n.j.a.c. title 8 hospital licensing standards chapter 43g
subchapter 9. critical and intermediate care pg 68
8:43g-9.7 critical care staff time and availability(a) nurse staffing shall be determined by the acuity of illness of the patients on the critical care unit.(b) there shall always be at least one registered professional nurse for every three patients. there shall be the capability to increase nurse staffing to one nurse for every two patients or one nurse per patient based on acuity levels.
8:43g-9.20 intermediate care policies and procedures
6. acuity assignments made on a daily basis for patients in each intermediate care unit with the minimum average ratio of one nurse to every six patients
8:43g-7.16 cardiac catheterization staff time and availability pg 45(a) the following staff shall be present for all cardiac catheterization procedures:ii. a technician, who has been trained in assisting in cardiac catheterization proced
1. a physician who meets the requirements in n.j.a.c. 8:43g-7.15(b);
2. a registered professional nurse, trained and experienced in assisting in cardiac catheterization procedures, who acts as the circulating nurse; and
3. one of the following:
i. a scrub nurse, who is either a registered professional nurse or a licensed practical nurse; or
8:43g-7.30 ptca staff time and availability(a) the following staff shall be present for all ptca procedures:
1. a physician who meets the requirements in n.j.a.c. 8:43g-7.23(a);
2. a registered professional nurse certified in basic cardiac life support, and trained and experienced in cardiac catheterization and ptca who acts as the circulating nurse; and
3. one of the following individuals:
i. a scrub nurse who is either a registered professional nurse or a licensed practical nurse; or cardiac
ii. a technician who has been trained in assisting with cardiac catheterization and ptca
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=367692©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 5,234 Views