Is it me...or is it impossible to get an interview and a job in NJ! :( - page 4
by KittyinNj 10,531 Views | 43 Comments
Ive passed my boards, graduated in may from a well known school in NJ. Got a 3.5 gpa. with 3 years of big pharma experience. IS it just me or is it really this impossible to find a job? How are people with 0 years of work exp... Read More
- 0Aug 31, '11 by KittyinNjIve had 2 interviews and nothing yet so a month later still nothing. One day i counted how many spots i applied too the total was about 40 something "open positions at various hospitals in NJ NYC area. I took a week off because it started making me upset and sad....out of my graduating class only about 5 people have landed jobs so far...
i agree with fellow posters NJ NYC area sucks! its over populated here, and everyone is graduating with the same thing!
my friend who is a nurse manager straight out said It costs hospitals way to much $$ to train where they can hire someone who has 1-3 years of hospital experience
- 0Sep 2, '11 by thekidisbackanyone know if any places that hire new grads with an associates degree? i know it's going to be impossible for me to find a job which is why i am going to apply for an RN to BSN online course this week. But it would also be nice to work and get some experience instead of sitting around and putting all this skills and knowledge to waste
- 0Oct 4, '12 by kvalentineIt's been over two years since I've been a registered nurse. I am still working as a housekeeper in the hospital that I've been employed in for over six years. I have a BSN now and am licensed in Pa and NJ.I'm certified in BLS,ACLS.PALS.and basic dysrhythmia. What else can I do to get a nursing job. Most jobs are asking for 2-3 years acute care nursing experience, but no one will give me a chance. I guess I'll go for my Master's degree since my employer provides tuition reimbursement. It's just that I'm worried that I'll have Master's degree in Nursing and still no job.
- 0Oct 20, '12 by coopman712I just moved to NJ with only a year of acute rehab experience under my belt. I did apply to do the same, plus other things, but with no BSN, no one is calling. I was a teacher in my previous career so have a BA in Psych and MS Ed. I feel like a major failure right now. Honestly I would love to look into clinics as mentioned above but am not sure how to go about this...Clinics meaning places like Concentra or something else?
- 0Nov 15, '12 by myrooskigurl[QUOTE=KittyinNj;5456505]Ive passed my boards, graduated in may from a well known school in NJ. Got a 3.5 gpa. with 3 years of big pharma experience. IS it just me or is it really this impossible to find a job? How are people with 0 years of work exp who graduated getting jobs and someone who has some work exp and a decent gpa from a good school not getting any luck?
I am at the point of giving up and actually gonna start looking on the west coast or even in georgia or s carolinia. Im loosing hope here any advice helpful hints this is making me sad and depressed
thanks![/QUOTE Hey Gang.....
I happen to know there is an acute care hospital in Vineland, HealthSouth Rehab....and they hire new grad nurses. I used to work there, and we had new nurses all the time to orient. Give them a try