BS in Psychology Minor in Biology, looking to apply to Nursing SchoolsRegister Today!
- by rutgersgrad10 Jun 13, '09Hello All !
This is my first post here, I will be graduating from Rutgers University (in New Brunswick) with a Major in Psychology and a Minor in Biology this May. I always knew I wanted to do something in the health care field but after I took Organic Chemistry my plans changed! I am now looking to apply to nursing schools for after graduation. I know Rutgers has a program, however my GPA is only a 2.7. Are there any community colleges around the area that I can apply to? I don't know where to start! Any help would be deeply appreciated!!!!
- Nov 9, '09 by jtwong42I am in a similar boat as you!
I'll be graduating from Rutgers this coming spring with a Psychology degree. I'm still not sure if I want to try to apply to an accelerated nursing program or a diploma/associate program.
I know Middlesex Community College has a nursing program.
- Nov 21, '09 by agldragonRNwhy not go straight for the accelerated bsn program? you will be finished in the same amount of time with a bachelor's instead of associate.
- Nov 21, '09 by curiosity123You could be a candidate for an accelerated BSN if you get very high grades in the prereq courses. Also, getting some experience in a clinical setting even as a volunteer can make your application stronger.
- Nov 24, '09 by LoriNJIt might also help that you went to Rutgers. They know that those courses will carry over and I know some schools try to "take care of their own".
Can't hurt to apply! Good luck