Bloomfield College NursingRegister Today!
- by jessie25 Apr 28, '10Hello everyone,
I recently got accepted to Bloomfield College pre-nursing program. I plan to take my outstanding pre-reqs (2 to be exact) during the summer I session and then sit for the NLN in June/July. Has anyone been through this process? If so I will appreciate any advise...I would also like to know about the program itself, professors and that sort of stuff!!!
- May 7, '10 by jonzieit seem like we kinda in the same boat I got accepted too, and really need some more information about to school and the program. I will have to take 1 course in the summer and will also be taking the NLN in july. but if you did get any info feel free to share
- May 8, '10 by Slimlady727
im a student at bc now, the school is small as well as the program. it is a very difficult program, but what nursing school isnt.
the professors are great and many are willing to help students.
please note that passing is a 74, and they go by test average before all of grades. meaning, you must average a 74 on all your exams regardless if you get 100's on all other course work, if your average isnt a 74 you will not pass the course.
i really like the program but be prepared to work hard!!
feel free to contact me for more info...
- May 13, '10 by jessie25To Jonzie: I just got back from my adviser's office...turns out that I have just one pre-req to complete: Nutrition--which I start next Tuesday. Which one are you taking? Are you going to be attending the NLN workshops--it's FREE!
To:SlimLady: Thanks so much for your imput...I wish you all the best!!!
- May 25, '10 by jonzieI have to take Pre-calculus, I was not inform about the NLN work shop but I will look into it.
- Jul 1, '10 by Slimlady727how are things going??
you guys should be hearing whether or not you were accepted into the nursing program soon. please keep me posted
- Jul 1, '10 by jessie25hey...actually we are taking the nln next thursday so not until mid-end of july!!! besides that i was able to receive an A for my summer pre-req and I did pretty well on the mock nln exam which was offered by the work shop...what about you all?
- Jul 1, '10 by Slimlady727Quote from jessie25well im entering my 3rd year at bloomfield...hey...actually we are taking the nln next thursday so not until mid-end of july!!! besides that i was able to receive an a for my summer pre-req and i did pretty well on the mock nln exam which was offered by the work shop...what about you all?
- Jul 15, '10 by jessie25How is the nursing program so far? I took the NLN last Thursday and I got my scores back the same day...I scored a 148 composite and 98th percentile. I am so relieved that I did so well but still awaiting my call/letter of acceptance. My GPA is good not great--about a 3.4 but my nursing pre-rqus are great!!! So I am waiting...hopefully by the 23rd I will be hearing from the director of nursing. Until then...
- Jul 20, '10 by Slimlady727Quote from jessie25how is the nursing program so far? i took the nln last thursday and i got my scores back the same day...i scored a 148 composite and 98th percentile. i am so relieved that i did so well but still awaiting my call/letter of acceptance. my gpa is good not great--about a 3.4 but my nursing pre-rqus are great!!! so i am waiting...hopefully by the 23rd i will be hearing from the director of nursing. until then...
you'll definately get in, my gpa was lower than yours. did you speak to the advisor and put in your choice for fall 2010. i heard i was in the program around this time when i got accepted. the advisor will call you to tell you are in, the director wont call you.