Bergen Community College Nursing Program Question - page 137
by Cinqui73 | 211,302 Views | 1517 Comments
Last Thursday I was at the college for the purpose of collecting my Chemistry grade with some classmates. Apparently, there was a graduation ceremony for RN's going on that night as well, and my friends started talking to one... Read More
- 0Mar 30, '12 by GlossyViolettempestkayne, i think it is a great score and i would sit tight waiting for the admission letter...the highest scores barely ever exceed 94ish and BCC nursing department staff doesn't make decision based solely on HESI scores ( classes are perfectly diverse - with a certain percentage of male students, as well as representatives of all ethnical minorities...) I got in last year with a 93.4 as out of county ( they admitted only 6 out of 80 out of county students) and met many students with as a low as 80 on HESI...So again, if i were u, I wouldn't put myself through a 4 hour HESI hell just to improve ( even if) my score by a few measly points which IMHO don't really matter. Good luck and let us know if you get in;-)
- 0Mar 31, '12 by TempestKayneThank you! I was thinking the same thing, especially when I was reminded of the price and how loonng the exam was - especially reading the passages. When I tried to register, I was only given 1 day - which was much less than the 11 days I thought I was going to have. If for some reason I don't get in, I hope I will have the same luck as last year *crossing fingers*. Thanks again for your response!! How is your first year going btw?
- 0Mar 31, '12 by TempestKayneThank you GlossyViolet! I was thinking the same thing, especially when I was reminded of the price and how loonng the exam was - especially reading the passages. When I tried to register, I was only given 1 day - which was much less than the 11 days I thought I was going to have. If for some reason I don't get in, I hope I will have the same luck as last year *crossing fingers*. Thanks again for your response!! How is your first year going btw?
- 0Mar 31, '12 by GlossyViolettempestkayne, it is not as difficult academically as i thought it would be as it just darn stressful especially the first semester...the material is not rocket science ( i honestly thought it would be harder) however, quite a few times i thought " why in the world would someone want to do this to himself?" i mean i was dying to get into the program ( was waiting on pins and needles for the admission letter...) and i honestly can't wait to be done : i find myself worrying all the time: will i pass this test? will i pass this course?will i get the clinical instructor who has a reputation of being simply abusive to the students?urgh...It is especially distressing to see people leave the program not because they failed ( which is 15% the case in the first semester) but because they simply had enough...but from what i know every nursing program is this way ( nobody holds your hand and you have to toughen it out) i used to have a 14 - 16 credit load and my life was fantastic compared to an 8 creadit load in the nursing program. it is just this fear of failing the course and starting all over when so much time and mental energy was spent on getting here...But at the end of the day I do enjoy it and I learned to love nursing ( it wasn"t love from first sight LOL). the most important thing for me was to get a hang of nclex type questions ( once u know what they want from u - u will be fine;-) and manage the stress and ruthlessness of some situations ( when the professor gets stressed out in clinicals she/he can get pretty rough with the studens, nurses can be on the rude side in some settings, etc).
- 0Apr 6, '12 by NurseEmmHi all! I just took the HESI A2 Exam for the nursing program at BCC and I did so well on everything until I took the BIO section and got an extremely low grade making my average 85%. At the moment the class average is at 78%. I am in-county, over 30, but only have a 3.1 gpa. Should I start reviewing Biology to re-take the exam in October or can I still hold on to some hope of being accepted into the program?
- 0Apr 7, '12 by gbayck9Hi! I took the test last Wednesday and was happy with my score. I'm not really sure how the admission process works. I've heard mixed things. I'm trying not to freak out. I scored high in the BIO and believe it or not vocab was my lowest but still in the 80's...I'm still not sure what happened there. Anyway...I wouldn't panic yet. I'm also over 30 and in county. I've heard that there is an equal mix...men, women, age, etc... Fingers crossed...the wait is horrible though.
- 0How do you know what the class average is at the moment? And does anyone know when we would hear from Elsa if we got in or not? Also, can someone give me the statistics of last fall? like what was the class average, how many people took it, how many people got in, etc. Thanks!