Bergen Community College Nursing Program Question - page 10
by Cinqui73 205,153 Views | 1517 Comments
Last Thursday I was at the college for the purpose of collecting my Chemistry grade with some classmates. Apparently, there was a graduation ceremony for RN's going on that night as well, and my friends started talking to one... Read More
- 0Apr 24, '10 by moojieThe loans now go through the federal government Which I think is fantastic btw! Try to get a subsidized loan. Interest does not start to accrue until 6 months after you graduate. The cap for this year is 3500 I think for subsidized, but this is increasing every year for the next 5 or so years. Do not get a private loan if you can help it, the interest rates tend to be higher. Did you complete the FAFSA? If not, do that ASAP. Then you have to do an online Master Promissory(sp?) Note and entrance counseling. It is a bit of a pain, but well worth it. Try to do everything online because you do NOT want to have to go to the Financial Aid office. LOL.Last edit by moojie on Apr 24, '10
- 0Apr 24, '10 by balistica2annoying... im taking a course at BCC right now and applied for the associates program thinking it was going to be a piece of cake to get into since i already had my bs... but i wasnt accepted because they told me i havent fulfilled the pre-req's for the course, nor met the minimum GPA... yet i also applied and got accepted into umdnj. i fulfilled the pre-req's for the accelerated BSN program there... strange, dont you think?
- 0Apr 24, '10 by moojieQuote from balistica2Yea. The minimum GPA is 2.5, so I wonder if someone misinformed you? And the accelerated BSN takes into account that you are entering the program typically without a bachelors in science, so they would not expect you to have the Anatomy(or Bio) and Chemistry. I think the admissions process at the school leaves a lot to be desired. Standardized testing has a bad reputation for a reason, and for a college to put all their stock into these scores is irresponsible and unfair.annoying... im taking a course at BCC right now and applied for the associates program thinking it was going to be a piece of cake to get into since i already had my bs... but i wasnt accepted because they told me i havent fulfilled the pre-req's for the course, nor met the minimum GPA... yet i also applied and got accepted into umdnj. i fulfilled the pre-req's for the accelerated BSN program there... strange, dont you think?
- 0Apr 25, '10 by ukgirl7655Moojie, thank you for being my brain.....why I do not execute all my plans I do not know!! LOL!!! I will now fill out my FAFSA and contact BCC about the honors program actually REGISTER for the classes that I apparently thought I would just miraculously be placed in becuase it was a "good idea" I had!!
But I hope I am accepted to nursing and not have to fool with any more classes as a back up - ugh!!!!!!!!!
- 0Apr 27, '10 by moojieOR they could have updated it today for last weeks scores. Does it have the standard deviation? My friend tried to register to take the exam but there were no spots left. So she called the office and they said the 23rd was the last day to take it.I do not know who she talked to though. Did you contact Prof. M?
- 0Apr 27, '10 by msfutureRN20UK girl you did good! And so did you Moojie!
Let's keep our fingers crossed, I just want to know already! SO BADLY.
Like I said, last time I called they said sometime in May or latest, early June.. but some people said if you look online you will see your scores sooner.
- 0Apr 27, '10 by msfutureRN20Really? That's so wierd!.... Well the guy at the testing center told me I would receive an e-mail in about two weeks, but I got it the next day. At first it showed me all of my personal scores compared to all of the average scores and then after about four days it changed.. now all it shows me is the class average overall as well as mine.
I hope that we can see if we got in online in like two weeks or something.
I don't want to wait anymore.
- 0Apr 27, '10 by ashley_nicoleGood luck to everyone that has taken the entrance exam for the Nursing Day program. I'm crossing my fingers for all of you!!! I'm going to be applying for the Nursing Evening program that starts next spring. Right now I'm just studying what I can for the HESI and finishing pre reqs. I'm nervous already and I haven't even applied yet!! Anyway, from what I've been hearing in prevous posts, you can find out if you got into the program a couple weeks before letters are sent by logging onto webadvisor and checking your program evaluation. Under you program of study, it will be changed to A.A.S Nursing Day.