How do I become a CNA at CSN?Register Today!
- by whisman1 Oct 20, '11How do I become a CNA at CSN? Can someone please give me details? How long it takes, what you have to do, etc? Thanks so much!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=631499©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,324 Views
- Oct 21, '11 by dellehI'm currently taking the CNA course at CSN. You won't be able to register until spring registration opens up. The next course starts in January. It only takes one semester or 15 weeks. Type "nursing assistant" in the search on CSN's website and the program details will come up. You will have a lab, lecture, and clinical each week. The clinical is 8 hours at a facility, lab is 3 hours on campus, and I do lecture online. Most lectures are on campus. There will be a mandatory orientation before the course starts, which explains everything. You will have to get 2-step TB test, a physical, a drug test, and have proof of medical insurance. Uniforms are White button-front scrub top, navy scrub pants, and white shoes. You will have to buy the book and the information packet.
Best of luck to you! I am half way through (this week is midterms) and I love it!
- Oct 21, '11 by whisman1Thank you sooooo much! Answered all my questions!
- Can you share on what days you go in for clinicals and lab? I am hoping to get into the online lecture nursing assistant class as well.
- I go to clinicals Mondays from 7am to 3 pm and lab on Thurs from 1-3:50 pm. This program has tons of days and times to choose from including weekends and evenings, but the online lecture fills up pretty quick.
- Oh! Last week my instructor told me there are 7 week courses, too. Same thing...twice the work. I personally would rather do the long course, but I'm sure the 7 week is doable or it wouldn't exist. Best of luck to you!
- Did you have to register for the clinial and lab separate from the online lecture?
- You have to register for all three, but you get to choose each. They aren't bundled together. You need NURS130, NURS130L, and NURS130C
- Thanks for all your help! Very informational : )
- Nov 25, '11 by moneyline702The 7 week course is over summers. Online with ------- is the best. It is wise to inquire as to what clinical class is associated with a particular site. I got lucky in that my clinical was a half mile from my home.Last edit by dianah on Nov 25, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names