CSN RN Fall 2012 - Page 23Register Today!
- Jun 6, '12 by sassymotoI also second (third?) getting your cpr done at Prism. The guy is really nice, and gets right to the point, no skipped material, no wasted time. Slynwilli, yes, it is too real now! I see all my scrubs and equipment all neatly stacked and I just can't wait to use them. I just really wish our books would come in! I just want to start already.
- Jun 14, '12 by slynwilliThree more weeks to toolbox! I'm getting excited!!
- Jun 16, '12 by slynwilliFor the background check did you guys just print out the receipt?
- Jun 28, '12 by Kebby1016Slynwilli, I think the receipt is all we need to show, but I'm going to call or go in to see my advisor a little before the August orientation just to make sure I have everything right. I'll post what I find out. I got the workbook for the toolbox course yesterday and started looking through the material we'll be covering. I am SO glad I signed up for it! There is a lot I am rusty on with the math and I will definitely need some help learning how to do the care plans.
What is everyone purchasing supply-wise? I thought everything on that little red sheet that came in our packet was REQUIRED, but when I checked again, all but the uniforms/apparel items were only RECOMMENDED. I asked my mom who is an RN and she said I should really need nothing more than my stethoscope, pen lights, and a good clipboard. She said everything else is available in the hospital/clinical setting, but she also graduated a looong time ago...things may have changed. I have the items she told me get, as well as a pair of bandage scissors, but I don't want to be missing something that I might really need. Maybe some current students can offer some insight on what you actually did and did not need from the list, please???
- Jun 28, '12 by CSNSNACONGRATS to all the students accepted into the CSN Nursing program for FALL 2012! Are you interested in earning 4 extra credit points for your NURS 101 course? Come out and participate in our events throughout the next semester! It's free and you'll meet tons of nursing school friends! Stop by and LIKE the official Facebook page for the CSN Student Nurses' Association! We hope to see you all at our first meeting in August, and GOOD LUCK in the fall!Last edit by dianah on Jun 28, '12 : Reason: Terms of Service; may refer to but not provide links to social networking sites
- Jun 29, '12 by apn11Where did you get the workbook at? how much was it? Also, with supplies, I haven't bought anything yet..
- Jun 29, '12 by Kebby1016apn11, I got the workbook at the West Charleston campus bookstore. It was cheap...5 dollars and some change, definitely the cheapest purchase I've ever been able to make in a college bookstore! Even if you're not taking the toolbox course, it may be worth it to spend the 5 bucks just so you have something to practice with on your own over the summer. About half of the problems in the book(they are marked as take home problems), have the answers provided so you'll be able to check yourself and see if you're doing them correctly. It also covers how to write careplans and has a section covering medical terminology.
CSN SNA, are the 4 extra credit points for 101 definite then for joining the SNA? I remember hearing at orientation that it was still up in the air as to whether or not the extra credit would be offered. Will the facebook page give the exact dates of meetings or is there somewhere else that we should be getting that info?
- Jun 30, '12 by slynwilliI got almost all of the things that were recommended, I read the supply lists that are on here and got the items that I saw the most. I'm so excited for toolbox!
- Jul 6, '12 by deni_anHas anybody gotten their equipment they ordered from SNA (stethoscope ect.) I haven't heard anything, just wondering if it's taking this long for everybody.
- Jul 7, '12 by SunshineDaisyThe supplies are in, they all got sent to the office and I believe you get them at the next orientation. As far as SNA points, if you are active in the SNA and get the points offered, you will get extra credit points for any class with a lab and clinicl (101, 115, 243, 247, 248, 211). it's really easy and super fun! And yes, we will update the FB page with times for meeting and events as well as the angel page. We will be explaining how the point system works as well because everyone gets confused!