CSN RN Fall 2012 - Page 13Register Today!
- May 6, '12 by jzenoSo I wonder though if certain people didnt show up to pick up paperwork if they will call some alternates before orientation so we can go pay for our drug screens since we would be full time students then.
- May 7, '12 by naalaakkumoni got in as alternate for the spring 2012... just go to the orientation--- who knows? plus, it does not hurt!!!!
- The ATI test during the second orientation is not something you study for...it is just a test to see how you learn. No worries. And the cheating thing should not be discussed on an online forum! Please refrain from discussing it. A previous poster said this might reflect poorly on CSN graduates so please drop the subject!
IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!! it really is a wonderful program and most of the instructors are wonderful especially the Nurs 101 course coordinator! You will have soooo much fun!
btw DO NOT pick an online lecture unless you are prepared for A LOT of self-learning and hard work when it comes to study time. The material is not hard but the amount of work you have to do IS A LOT!
GOOD LUCK GUYS! AND GO TO BOTH OF THE ORIENTATIONS EVEN IF YOU ARE AN ALTERNATE!!! SOOOOO MANY PEOPLE DIDN'T SHOW UP LAST TIME...SO YOU HAVE A GREAT CHANCE!!
- May 8, '12 by Kebby1016Thanks for the info slinkyhead, relieved to know we are not facing another TEAS type exam right off the bat!
- Heres another piece of advice....once you pay for ATI go online and do all the nursing logic modules before the program starts. They will help you to understand "nurse logic" and thus will help you answer the questions the way they ask them. It helped me soooo much! I will very possibly be getting an A in both 101 and Pharm so please take my advice!!
Also USE YOUR RESOURCES!!! get Pharm flashcards and use the ATI websites modules and the Evolve website to your advantage!!!! These things are there for a reason!! Dont kill yourself or your families over studying, you know more than you think you do. Just dont overthink the questions and you will do fine!!
- May 8, '12 by Ahnahare these all things they will be discussing friday?
ok so we will have to pay for the ati test and that allows us to go online and prep?
- Yes, they will talk about the ATI testing that you do at the end of every semester (you get three books to help you with that), a Pharm instructor will discuss what kind of resources you should look out for, they will talk about uniforms, drug tests, immunizations, and costs. There will be raffles and a bake sale so bring money...the raffle will be for different equipment. They will not have the syllabus ready yet. You will pick your schedule when your number is called and you will be able to choose which schedule you want out of whatever is left when your number is called. You will not know which instructors you will get and the schedules are in blocks so if you want a weekend schedule you may have to settle for an online lecture or whatever. Once you pay for ATI the online stuff should be available for you guys to view.
REMEMBER TO BREATHE! it will be super overwhelming but it will all get done so don't worry!
- May 8, '12 by SunshineDaisyYep, what slinky said! I'll see you all on Fri! Although, you may not know who I am You'll hopefully meet me when they introduce the SNA officers and stuff!
- May 9, '12 by apn11Twinkle Toez, since the first time you got chosen to this time- did u take any classes or do anything to increase your points?
- May 9, '12 by apn11When I went in fri to pick up the packet, I was a lil stern with them, I probably shouldn't have been but they had no info to give me. It's frustrating to be an alt because u technically can't plan anything else until aug 10th, when classes start in two weeks and registration is late. They were not able to answer my questions about the position of an alt- only good luck- you have to wait. I'm just venting. I know it's a good thing that I'm still "in the running". But the did say there are 25 alts and they will do a computeriZe lottery to assign our #. And that we will find out aug 10 our entry status. I'm looking forward. Hope to absorb a lot at orientation fri