From Roseman university (USN) trying to transfer to another NV nursing school. Help!
- 0Oct 30, '11 by OneWayI'm currently attending Roseman University (USN) and I want/need to transfer to another Nevada nursing school. Although I'm aware that this school doesn't transfer out their classes but I still want to give it a try hoping the school i'm applying to will accept the courses. I head some bad things about Touro that they might close the program if they dont meet their NCLEX pass rate by the state (?). Please help if you guys know anything about transferring out to another nursing schools and which schools to recommend.
Thanks a lot guys!
- 0Jan 24, '12 by kismet7I've heard goods things about excelsior.edu ...
I'm currently a student at Roseman and wouldn't suggest the ABSN to my worst enemy. The 90% pass rates make attrition rates really high. The tests are not representative of the material that is in the required reading and lecture slides. I've known people from a few of the cohorts and all say it's really tough. My suggestion would be to talk to as many USN / Roseman students, past and present as you possibly can.
- 0Feb 22, '12 by opsvixenboy, are you seriously delusional! Do you have any idea of all the social and staff abuse that goes on in there? Discrimination is the byword there; though, they have no problem collecting the fees for "affirmative action." I'm not a bad student. 4.0 gpa, worked for the discoverer of the program (no names mentioned) and she almost didnt leave her money to them due to their poor relationships all the way around. I unfortunately, stood up for them, so hence, they are still around. Big Mistake on my part, and many other, that unlike, the shining star such as yourself, there are many that just aren't "liked" because of color, age, weight, etc. Good luck to you though. But, they have hurt many peoples lives.
- 0Feb 22, '12 by Nursing Student ABSNI am not sure how to comment on your post. As a minority in nursing (white male), I feel like I have not experienced anyone being prejudice. As far as your comments on affirmative action and the founder of the program, I am a student so I do not know anything about these matters. I am not sure how any student would have a relationship with the founder of the nursing program...I think it was founded in 1998. You must be a pretty "big shot" since the school is only around due to you sticking up for them. I hope you do not really feel this way about the school. It sounds like you are having a bad day and using this website not to inform but to rant about your feelings. I think you could still delete your posting which I would suggest since you made some outrageous claims about the school being racist, sexist, and prejudice based on weight. I think some people are not liked but that is based on their character and not physical characteristics. It is a normal human reaction to be defensive when you fail at something, so on behalf of all Roseman University I forgive you.
- 0Feb 22, '12 by dianah, ADN Senior ModeratorThis is a gentle reminder to all to refrain from name-calling and making disparaging remarks about other posters (Terms of Service violations).
It is within the Terms of Service to debate and to disagree with others but responses must also be "constructive and polite."
If you read a post that may violate the Terms of Service, please report it rather than engaging the member (use the yellow triangle report icon, bottom left-hand corner of each post).