CSN RN FALL 2013 - Page 8Register Today!
- Mar 27 by christina731Quote from Workinghard123I'm sure you will have great instructors, there are still plenty of good ones left . The semester is going great so far! I am constantly being challenged and I'm learning new things every day. I start at a new clinical facility tomorrow and I'm really excited! It is not easy but when you put the time into the work and it pays off with good grades, it's really worth it. I have had to sacrifice work and my social life, but it will pay off in the end.Lost two instructors! Oh no! I hope we are left with good instructors, as it usually makes or breaks class. How is school going for you so far, Christina? I was under the impression that we wouldnt know until mid May, so waiting until the end of April is a little more tolerable. As far as points go Juice2013, I think I had 30, if my calculations were right.
With the amount of applicants they took in, I'm sure that you will get in. I'm actually glad that they are accepting less people now. They were putting out WAY too many graduates each semester. It's also nice that the bar isn't quite so high anymore. When I first became interested in this program a few years ago, they were getting 300+ applicants and the point cutoff was between 26-28 for a few semesters. It was getting a bit too competitive and I'm glad it's turning around. I hope you all gets good news soon! The wait is tough but just wait and see, the work is even tougher!
- Mar 28 by Workinghard123Yes, there are sooo many new grads and Im concerned there are a lack of jobs, but we just have to work hard and remain positive. CSN takes in a lot more students compared to NSC BSN program, which I plan to bridge into. I do know the social life will be put on hold while in school and I am totally prepared for that! Good luck in your new facility! It s very exciting indeed!
- Mar 28 by soxleyQuote from Workinghard123I'm planning to bridge to NSC too! I've heard mixed things about job for new grads...but the people I've talked to personally don't seem to be having issues. So I'm super hopeful that it won't be a problem for me either. With fewer applicants over the past few semesters than in years previous as well, I think it's positive for us. My favorite nurse at my parinatologists office graduated from CSN only a year ago! (She works for one of the best docs in town!).Yes, there are sooo many new grads and Im concerned there are a lack of jobs, but we just have to work hard and remain positive. CSN takes in a lot more students compared to NSC BSN program, which I plan to bridge into. I do know the social life will be put on hold while in school and I am totally prepared for that! Good luck in your new facility! It s very exciting indeed!
- Mar 28 by Workinghard123I love hearing positive stories, Soxley. There is too much negativity going around about the job outlook for us. now just to wait patiently until the end of April!
- Mar 29 by gabicsnHi, this is my very first post here
I too applied for fall 2013 as well and I am so excited! Looks like we have to wait longer than what I thought we would... as long as we get our calls the wait is well worth it. Good luck everyone!
- Mar 30 by juice2013Sunshine Daisy, that is definitely sounds very promising! We all want to have jobs upon graduation!!!
- Mar 30 by Workinghard123That really made my day Sunshine! Happy Easter everyone!
- Mar 31 by soxleyAwesome!!! I had heard the same thing, but it was third hand so I didn't want to pass it on without knowing it was true. I'm so glad it's true!! Thanks for the great news!
- Apr 1 by sdicus3tgibs, thanks for finding out how many students they are accepting! Christina, Hi...I was wondering if you knew anything about needing to have a BSN by 2015 for Nevada nurses? I was speaking to a woman who graduated NSC and is working at UMC and she mentioned something about making sure I have my bachelors by 2015 cause the hospitals will be requiring it for hire. Have you heard anything? I know many "prefer" a BSN, but will it be required?? I am planning on doing the bridge program but that still wont get me my BSN till 2016 I believe. Thanks for any info!!