any good review center here in vegas for nclex-rn?
- 0Sep 9, '06 by lezahis there any good review center here in vegas that you guys can recommend, need your help, need to pass this exam, took the nclex-rn for 2X & didnt make it,... what can you advice me, this gonna be my last exam , since nevada had this policy 3X take only or do the refresher course .. i dont wanna do that route or what is the best review book or cd to use?
- 3,731 Visits
- 0Sep 9, '06 by nursepower 4everLezah, I know how u feel I took the test 2x also this will be my 3rd. time. I'm using the NCLEX-RN review made Incredibly Easy by Lippincott. I'm also using their question & answer book NCLEX-RN made Incredibly Easy. Let me tell u they do make it Easy! The book doesn't lie they make it INCREDIBLY EASY it's great. I highly recommend it. I took Kaplan review before and didn't find it that great! Nurespower 4ever waiting to hear from u.
- 0Sep 10, '06 by lezahHi, nice to hear from you...its so nice to know i have someone to talk too. this is your 3rd time to take too? I plan to take it before this year end, ow... im so worried bout this exam & wanna get this over.
I had an account in NCSBN, u know that review thing they got there. Also I wanna take LPN exam a week before I will take my RN exam.. just so, i have a backup if i will pass LPN ...
I tried to read that Incredibly easy book too... , I only use this book coz i got some friends who recommend it, they even use it in one of the review center.
when are u planning to take your exam?
- 0Sep 17, '06 by blessed1702Hi,
Your lives sound like mine! I will also be taking the Nclex exam for the third time on Oct 4th I have reviewed with the Kaplan book/NCSBN online for the first test. For the 2nd test I used the Kaplan online review, I don't know what to do??? I used the advice from most people on all nurses and have been doing the Saunders Comprehensive review, I'm almost halfway through the book. I called the BON here and the lady I spoke with also suggested Saunders. I know this is rough and have been praying about this exam for years now, and will continue to do so, I'll also be praying for you too! Good luck and let me now how your studies and exams go!
- 0Sep 17, '06 by lezahHi how r u? its so nice to have somebody whom u can talk too & have the same situation as me. its ok we can do this, we can pass this exam we will keep on prayin till our prayers are answered. I have been reading the n searching for a gud review book. I read in one of the post from suzanne , she help a lot of takers too, she recommend saunders comprehensive review book for nclex-rn 3rd edition. i actually just started the review..but so far so good, suzanne says that every chapter u shud be a able to have at least 75% correct answer then go on to the next chapter.
i realy do pray that u will pass this exam, i dont have a date for my exam yet but hopfully i will be ready before this year end.
- 0Sep 19, '06 by blessed1702Hello again!
I know what you mean I started to feel like I was the only one in the world that has to take the NCLEX for the third time! We all go through trials don't we!?! Yeah, I'm halfway through the Saunders book, hope it's what I need!? I have 2 weeks:uhoh21: to go-please pray for me, I'll be doing the same for every nurse (soon to be) in the world! Best wishes with your studies! By the way third time is a charm!!!
- 0Oct 18, '06 by daisympQuote from lezahis there any good review center here in vegas that you guys can recommend, need your help, need to pass this exam, took the nclex-rn for 2X & didnt make it,... what can you advice me, this gonna be my last exam , since nevada had this policy 3X take only or do the refresher course .. i dont wanna do that route or what is the best review book or cd to use?
I was wondering if it is true that we need to take a refresher course after we failed the test for 3 times. I called Nevada BON and the woman in the line told me that we just need to reapply again and pay the required amount to process our application.She said we can take a exam as many as we want until we can pass. I didnt hear her saying we need to take a refresher course.
May I know where did you get this info. Maybe the girl that I talked to in the telephone dont know about this..Thanks and God Bless all the test takers.
- 0Oct 19, '06 by blessed1702Hi Daisy,
I've heard that after 3 fails you have to take a review course and I've heard that you only get 3 chances before you have to take the NCLEX in another state and have it transfered? Those are just word of mouth, I don't know for sure, I believe if you called the board that they are correct? At least I hope so. For my 3rd exam I had to get re-fingerprinted and pay another $100.00 to NV BON as well as $200.00 for pearson vue. I did pass the 3rd time so I'm not sure what to do after that, sorry I hope this is some helpful news.
- 0Oct 19, '06 by lezahwow, u passed the exam, im so happy for u blessed1702 (ur so blessed) I hope I can do this too. How many questions did u answer before ur computer stops? Im halfway done with the saunders now..after ur done with saunders what did u do? i mean as far as answering practice nclex questions?
And yes! Daisy, if its ur 3rd time u have to do the fingerprint again ,pay the application fee which is ($100), also pay the exam for the pearson vue ($200) if by chance u dont pass the 3rd exam (hopefully not) u will have to do refresher course but you have a choice either u wanna stay in NV BON or u wanna go to a different state & do everything again & forget bout that refresher course.
- 0Oct 19, '06 by blessed1702Hi Lezah!
Best wishes on your NCLEX! I got a little bit further than halfway through the Saunders book, after that I did practice quizzes on the CD, I averaged from 70-100% and I probably did about 15 of those and I did two of the 100 question exams and got a 69 and a 71. I was nervous because I didn't get through the whole book. Let me tell you that this Saunders book was the most I've ever read besides the Bible. I believe that was my downfall, I probably would've passed the first time if I had organized/outlined study material. The first two times I kept doing questions because that is what everyone suggested---but for me I needed the review. I was so exhausted after graduation I was ready to never look at a nursing book again, I needed respect for the NCLEX, I thought I could walk right in there and pass without studying, maybe that works for some, I've always been a horrible test taker. Trust your instinct you know the information-when you start to second guess yourself it will confuse you. I needed to learn patience, diligence, and confidence. Yeah, what a costly consequence, paying all the NCLEX fees the first time around should've been enough motivation for me to get my act together, some of us learn the hard way! I know you will succeed and I'll keep praying for you! Of course that is the sure way to pass, prayer, prayer, prayer!!! Let me know when you test!