Let's start a "You Might Be a Neuro Nurse If. . ." list!! I LOVE being a neuro nurse because it is crazy and adventurous and challenging and downright hilarious sometimes. Please add to the list!!
You Might Be a Neuro Nurse If. . .
1. You have ever walked into a patient's room to find your "A&Ox3" patient in bed A fingerpainting. . .on bed B.
2. You have ever kissed a vial of Ativan in thanks and hope
3. You carry around wrist restraints in your scrubs pocket
4. You have smiled when your patient tells you to go "f&*k" yourself because at least he is now responsive
5. Your new admission from the ER arrives in 4 point restraints. . .covered in urine. . .with a policeman
6. when you arrive to work in the morning there are 3 little old ladies sitting in geri chairs at the nurses station in varying degrees of nakedness looking much more awake than the exhausted night shift
7. You have ever laughed and cursed in the same 3 minutes at the same patient
Keep it going!