What to expect working as an ACP on Neuroscience Floor?
- 0May 10, '12 by michele742Hi all
I am a 2nd term nursing student and I have an interview tomorrow for a patient care tech on a neuroscience floor at Mayo Clinic. So, my question is, beside the obvious vitals and patient care (personal hygiene, etc), what types of duties would I be doing? Any input would be appreciated! I also had a med-surge interview this past week...but I'm thinking I might go with the neuro position (mostly because it's the #1 hospital here). Thoughts? INsights? Thank you!
- 0May 14, '12 by Rob72I'm not sure if Mayo has a "primary" population, or not, but:
- Stroke (swallow/fall/movement precautions, assistance with toileting, repositioning, feeding)
- Epilepsy (fall precautions, keep them entertained during monitoring)
- Movement Disorders (falls, mobility issues)
- Degenerative Processes (MS, ALS, KJD- entail coping/grief issues, mobility/safety, care-giver support)
Those are the biggies, off the top of my head.