neuro ICU commonly used drugsRegister Today!
- by bsm03d Jan 5, '07Hi. im am starting a practicum in a neuro ICU, can anyone give me a list of drugs commonly used in the neuro ICU? or a few that i should make myself more familiar with before my preceptorship.. thank you for your help!!
- Jan 6, '07 by nrsang97I have only worked in the Neuro ICU since October, but these are common on my unit:
Depakane/ Depakote (valparoic acid)
various abx (ancef used common post op)
There may be others but I cannot think of any others at this time. Hope this is a help. :spin:
- Jan 6, '07 by lawitiNimotop is a major one for SAH, lovenox and heparin prophylaxis, Magnesium, 3% Na, 23% Na, manitol, (propofol, fentanyl, nimbex- before sending to angio, lotsa good stuff.
- Jan 7, '07 by RoxanRN2003Precedex
hypertonic saline (3%, 5%, 23%)
- Jan 8, '07 by auzzieneuronurseGood luck!
Top three most used neuro drugs include dilantin, nimodipine and dexamethasone.