Heparin DripRegister Today!
- by JamieSueRN Jan 4, '12Can anyone tell me how long it takes for a PTT level to return to normal after stopping a heparin drip?
- Jan 4, '12 by sapphire18Depends what you mean by normal- the MD should have a goal range. I know at least preoperatively, a gtt needs to be stopped 6 hours prior to surgery. Heparin leaves the body fairly quickly.
- Jan 4, '12 by JamieSueRNWell a normal PTT is roughly 25-30. I'm wondering how long it would take a PTT level to go from 89 to 29. I know its fast but was wondering if anyone knew a close estimate of how long.
- Jan 4, '12 by sapphire18Why are you asking? School assigment? If not I'd need to know some more about the pt.
- Jan 6, '12 by an2onI guess it would would depends on the half life of the drug which you can find a drug book, right ?