Creighton 2011 - Page 3Register Today!
- Hi! I will be starting the Accelerated program in January, and I am still in search for an apartment. So far, I haven't heard back from anyone in my class about living near or with each other! I am from Wisconsin and have never been to Omaha, so this has been tricky trying to figure things out! Would you recommend living downtown close to Creighton? There are a few high rises that I am considering in case I have to live on my own. I am not sure I want to drive to school every day. But, if I lived near other nursing students I probably would!
Do you have any recommendations on preparing for the program?
- I will be starting the Jan. 2011 accelerated program!! I am from Wisconsin. Still looking for a place to live in Omaha! What about you??
- I am starting the accelerated program in January and haven't found a place to live yet! If anyone has any recommendations or is looking for a roommate please let me know I have never been to Omaha!!!!
- Nov 21, '11 by anurseatlastacotter,
Welcome to Omaha a little early! Have you thought about living on campus or is their housing not available? There are a lot of apartments that would be pretty close to the campus. It is hard to choose a place long-distance. Have you thought about coming a few days early and looking for a place? There are some long-term type hotels that charge $200/week (I think it is called Value Place) if you could afford to do that while you look. They are not in the Crieghton area but that is not a problem in Omaha - traffic is not a big deal.You can get anywhere in 20-30 minutes or less. (This also means you don't HAVE to leave really close if you don't mind driving although I think parking on campus can be a problem.) Also, you could ask the school if they have any recommendations for apartments.
I would try to get your housing settled before the program starts because the first few weeks are stressful enough. If you would like, PM me - I would be glad to talk to you on the phone if you like. I have lived in Omaha for many years and think it is a great place to live (it has been in several lists of top cities for various things lately).
- Nov 22, '11 by Lauren4268Keep in mind that as the year goes on, you spend less and less time on campus and more days in clinicals that are spread out through Omaha and Council Bluffs, IA. I live in Harrison Hills in La Vista and love it. Its quiet and I never worry about crime or not feeling safe. It's about 20-25 min from campus, but that didn't bother me, coming from California and being used to hour commutes to school. I'm finishing the program in 4 weeks!! Can't wait! let me know if you have any questions about the program or Omaha!
- Jan 13, '12 by canursehopefulHello everyone!
I am a fourth year in college from Northern California and I am very interested in Creighton's ABSN program. Would any of the accepted students mind sending me their stats to see if I compare at all? I would appreciate the advise!
- May 30, '12 by meridith231Hi! Im starting August 2012 for the ABSN program, I am from Seattle and have never been to Omaha. I am still in search for an apartment. What is the best way to go about looking for a roommate? Is there a way to contact everyone is the class to see where people are living/ if anyone needs a roommate?