College of Saint MaryRegister Today!
This is a discussion on College of Saint Mary in Nebraska State Nursing Programs, part of Nebraska Nursing ... I'm currently a student at CSM, but not a nursing student. I have decided to pursue nursing, but...by MzRN2B Nov 22, '09I'm currently a student at CSM, but not a nursing student. I have decided to pursue nursing, but would like some insight on CSM's program. This is my first semester there, so I don't know any nursing students to ask. I've spoken with the Director and gotten all the info I could pretaining to requirements, etc. Did anybody attend CSM for nursing?:spin:
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=440432©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,857 Views
- Nov 22, '09 by ajhutchI am also interested in this program! I just applied for admission online last night. I am wanting to enter the Fall 2010 RN (ADN) program and then transition to the BSN program..
I am a student at SCC currently doing the LPN program, well on the wait list to start Mar. 2010.. I want to find a RN program though and go that route instead of LPN-RN-BSN.. That just seems like forever.
Let me know when you get info on this if it is outside this website I have heard nothing but good things about the nursing program there, and best part about it is NO wait list!!
- Nov 23, '09 by MzRN2BI was told that they accept about 130 students, but they are trying to increase that number for FALL 2010. I know that you have to take the TEAS, but I'm not sure of the required score. There are also letters of recommendations(2) that have to filled out and turned in. A GPA of at least 2.5 is required. You probably already knew all of this, but as I get info, I will pass it along. Let me know if you find out anything plz:spin:
- Nov 24, '09 by ajhutchI went in and talked to Shana Lach yesterday in enrollment and she gave me a ton of info and a t-shirt and went over my transcript with me and I will have all my classes transfer in!! Sweet!! I am def. going to start in August.. I am enrolled in Anatomy, intro to sociology, and physiology at SCC starting Jan, and I will be taking Micro, Ethics, and intro to psyc starting spring..
Out of all the schools I have looked into for nursing this one seems the best fit for me.. I just need to pass the TEAS test in Jan or Feb to be sure I have a seat held for me!! Hope to see you there too!!Last edit by ajhutch on Nov 24, '09
- Nov 24, '09 by MzRN2BThat's great! Did you already have the recommendations sent in? I didn't know they could hold spots! That's great news. I won't be finished with my pre-reqs until May 2010, so I hope all goes well with that situation. I need to make a note to find out if there is a deadline. Would you happen to know? Hope to see u in August:spin:
- Nov 24, '09 by ajhutchShe said they have no cut off date for the dead line just when ever they fill up all the slots, since it is costly I am sure they always have some spots left open bc not everyone can afford $40-50k for an associate degree in nursing, my thing is I want to get it over with at this point so I am sucking up the cost and will just pay loans forever and ever... She said try to have it all in by May she preferred.. Take the TEAS in Jan or Feb, I have only did the application, I am mailing to the reference forms to a doctor friend of mine and nurse practitioner friend of mine I worked with both at a medspa I worked in as a medical aesthetician for years. My husband is telling me to do the LPN at SCC in Mar graduate with that in Jan 2011 and then go for 1 year to CSM for a year for the ADN program to save on costs but I am thinking do it all at CSM and knock i out all in one school.. Cost wise it would be about $20-25k cheaper this route but it would take longer as they only except LPN transfers in the fall. I am sure if my grades are good and I get a good score on the TEAS I will be in, I have been a CNA for 9 years since I was 18yrs old so I have 5yrs hospital exp and 4 yrs doctors office exp behind me, I am totally ready for this next step!!Last edit by ajhutch on Nov 24, '09
- Jan 8, '10 by MzRN2BHave you signed up for the TEAS yet?
- Jan 17, '10 by ajhutchI actually decided to stay at SCC, when the weather got bad a few weeks ago here and the interstate was closed my husband urged me to stay in Lincoln and I decided it was best, I am in the program here and its going well. It is also much less $$!! If you need the TEAS book I bought it its not been opened and is in the bag still. I will sell it for $30, I paid $45. It is $50 at CSM I believe. I got mine on EBAY. Let me know
- Mar 27, '10 by MzRN2BHey, how is the program going at SCC? I will officially be starting the ASN program at CSM in the Fall!! Yeah, I know what you mean about this weather. I'm sure you made the best decision for you! Good luck with everything.