i took my nclex-rn exam for the 1st time last sept. 1 and i just found out from the quick result from pearsonvue that i passed!!!
i'm soo soooooo happy today!!
anyway... i want to share what i did in preparation for my exam!! :d
5 months before the exam
- i started passive study plan around i took the kaplan review course for international nurses. i watched all the video course online attended all the classroom session. answered all the question trainer and reviewed most of the rationale. and answered qbank only arounf 70% of it... trust me.. my percentage was not that good, overall was like only 58 or 59% correct answers. i have this big notebook to note the items i got wrong and made a brief discussion on it.
2 months prior to the exam
- i went trough all the chapters in the course book but roughly on the medications; saunders comprehensive and my lemone burke medsurg as reference.
1 months prior to the exam
- i keep on testing and testing on the saunders and mosby's nclex-rn software and review most of the rationale.
2 weeks prior to the exam
- i was slacking!! lol i felt lazy around this time, just reviewing some of my note.
2 days before
- we went to church and prayed lots. then i keep on listening cheerful songs while reviewing my lab values.. :chuckle
the night before the exam
- i meditated and prayed for guidance on test day.
day of the exam
- i took a very cold shower (i've watched a featured episode in natgeo once, that having cold drinks or cold showers can rush up your catecholamines that could benefit your mental function...lol
) that morning and had a complete meal. i was overwhelmed of the feeling that this is 'the day' but not nervous and jittery compared to my college days. i wasn't confident of my answers, but i wasn't that anxious during the exam (except when my heart almost jumped one time when the computer asked if i should take a break
:chuckle). i got almost 30% sata
questions one after the other!!! i forgot some of the important concepts but i prayed it over and just moved on from one q to another. during the near end of my exam, it was a lil bit difficult. the funny thing was, at my last q which was about meds, the choices were all cardiac drugs.... i couldn't eliminate anything, i was desperate and just answered with 'ini mini miny mo' and the computer stopped at 133!! i was like "of all times!! why did it stopped at my silly-unsure answer!?!?! why!?!?!"
:smackingf i told myself if it came bad, i can always take another shot.. don't loose hope!!
after that i just went trough my usual day.. no biggie, no crying, no worries.. thanks all to my mom for supporting.. pass or fail.. i'm still her daughter.. lol!!
the lesson of the story?!?!
just relax and have faith!! you did your best to prepare for the exam!! so...
paint a smile in your face!! :d pass or fail...smile, it's not the end of the world..
~ i wish you all the best,
aubrey r.n <--- oh yeahh i love the rn beside my name