Testing in 2 weeks ~ all advice for preparation appreciated!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Testing in 2 weeks ~ all advice for preparation appreciated! in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... Hi All, My (possibly) future job as an RN resident requires I be licensed as an RN by Jan 21st....by Maria L, BSN Dec 30, '12Hi All,
My (possibly) future job as an RN resident requires I be licensed as an RN by Jan 21st. So I am scheduled for the NLCEX on Jan. 15th!! However I graduated mid-late December and I had to move back home, across the country which took up a week and a half. Given the holidays, I didn't get started on studying till Dec. 26th. As an RN BSN student I excelled in nursing school, but at this point I have forgotten some of the key med/surg I and Fundamentals basics. And OB & Peds developmental stages is a weak point of mine. I did score 92% and 95% on two exit HESI exams I took. So I feel at this point, the NCLEX could go either way for me.
I am wondering with the following resources, if anyone has advice or a good study plan. Right now I'm getting really panicked and overwhelmed by everything. I have
-Kaplan On Demand: (I have completed QT 1 with 67%, 2 Q Bank tests with 64, and 70, and Diagnostic Test with 70%). However I admit I did look a couple things up cause Kaplan emailed me and said with my short amount of time to prepare, its okay to just look it up.
-Saunders Yellow Book - Comprehensive Review: I know I need to review much of this book, its just so overwhelming. I took a 100 question test on the Saunders CD and scored 81. I have reviewed the first 8 chapters.
-LaCharity Priortization, Delegation etc: Did a Chapter out of there and did very well.
-Davis NCLEX RN Success: Its a great book but its enormous and I don't know if I have time for it.
So I'm trying to calm down and set a good study plan in the time I have left. Its very hard to focus cause I'm used to studying in my own place, with peace and quiet but my family is disruptive. Does anyone have any advice on how best to use my time in these remaining 2 weeks? If anyone is in a similar situation, I would love to support each other in these last few weeks. Thanks all in advance for your advice!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=805039©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,415 Views
- Any thoughts?
- Dec 30, '12 by EMEddieI tried to PM you but it didnt go through, send me an email to email@example.com
- Sent you an email! I just completed Q Trainer 2 and scored 74%, but I did have to look up about 5 things - I'm happy to say that most of the time though my initial inclination was correct though!
- Do you feel Saunders would be better for content review or the Kaplan lecture videos? I'm listening to the Meds video and can't believe she skipped Glucophage!
- Dec 31, '12 by EMEddieI actually dont have Kaplan, I took HURST last week and am going through their videos which are real good and entertaining. That is awesome you are doing well on Kaplan Q Trainers =)
- Dec 31, '12 by Maria L, BSNThank you I wish I had time for a full review - I'm trying to do questions and review with the short time I have left. Idk...honestly sometimes I look a few questions up with Kaplan cause I don't have time to review, so I might be failing for all I know.
- Dec 31, '12 by Dubs2012Try a test without looking up answers one day because on NCLEX you won't be able to look things up and you are not penalized for guessing just use process of elimination ABC's Maslows and think what will kill the patient first try that just to see where you really stand on a Q trainerI have looked up some information before too I'm not going to lie but the more you know where you stand the better and if you take a test without looking things up and get a high score you feel that more confident. I tried it once and got a 72% on a 50 question Qbank from Kaplan. Hope that helps =)
I take my NCLEX on the 15th as well in FL so nervous just hope all this studying pays off lol
- Dec 31, '12 by Maria L, BSNThank you, I should do that. There is no point in lying to myself I suppose. Gosh I just have so much anxiety over this thing Probably doesn't help that I have reviewed enough.
- Dec 31, '12 by all517Quote from Maria L, BSNI'm also taking it Jan 14 and just graduated this December... We should make a study plan together :-)Thank you, I should do that. There is no point in lying to myself I suppose. Gosh I just have so much anxiety over this thing Probably doesn't help that I have reviewed enough.