Taking NCLEX pn tomorrow... Please helpRegister Today!
- by passingnclex Oct 8, '12Hi, I graduated about 3 months ago from a technical high school. Somi got my high school diploma and my nursing certificate. im 18... and im taking my nclex tomorrow. I feel confident but nervous. I graduated with the florence nightingale award i just dont want to fail and have to study all over again! :/ any suggestions? Those who took it.
- Oct 8, '12 by Anne36This is such a hard thing to give advice about. I did the Saunders and the Kaplan strategy guide and someone online Nclex-3000 for free. I was sure I failed my exam when I took it. I mean 100% sure, and cried and felt sick for days until I found out for sure I passed. My advice is to take your time with the questions, most people never run out of time. Take a deep breath between questions, take a break if you need to regroup. When I took mine in July I didnt know the answer to the first question so that threw me off. I probably only felt sure of about 5 questions on the whole exam. Whatever advice you got in the nlcex forum, take it. Precautions and infection control are a biggie. Everyone gets different types of questions, try not to stress too much. If you dont pass it the first time you do get another chance.
- Oct 8, '12 by TaylorbugI passed last month and myself and everyone I have talked to about it says that you will think you failed. I had over 200 questions and was unsure about almost all of them. Just do your best. To have graduated an LPN program at 18 is already a huge accomplishment!!! It takes a special person to be disciplined and motivated enough to pass nursing school at your age. I definately couldn't have done it. The youngest person in my class was 21 and the oldest was 60!!! Just take the advise above and review disease processes. I had alot of questions on diseases I had never heard of. I also had alot of dosage calc but it was very basic and those were the questions I actually felt confident that I got right. Even a month later I am still amazed I passed LOL. Good luck with the test AND looking for a job. I know you will do well
- Oct 8, '12 by 1pinknurseYou never know what kind of questions you are going to get. I studied an app on my phone & that was it even though I had 2 nclex books. All of it was overwhelming to me. Most of my exam was priority & that was it, I passed at 85 questions. Don't over think & don't over study.
- Oct 8, '12 by mommyof2TeesTake your time...read each question carefully. Get a good night rest and make sure you eat a good breakfast....don't go in there on an empty stomach. All the best to you!
- Oct 8, '12 by jadelpnLet us know how it goes!!
I looked at all the tests in the NCLEX-PN book, took them, corrected them, and just concentrated my studying on stuff I got incorrect. Everyone thinks they "failed"--just read the whole question, DON'T overthink it, and mostly your instinctive answer is correct--don't go back and correct answers. Tag them for review if you think that you are not sure of the answer......
Best of luck!!
- Oct 9, '12 by NurseNicole89Quote from passingnclexFirst try to get some good rest tonight (I know its almost impossible) and eat something in the morning even if it's something small. Take deep breaths, and ask for ear plugs if you need them to block outside noise - this helped me immensely. Just take one question at a time and remember your basic knowledge - delegation, abc's, pt rights, things like that. If you come across multiple response questions, don't look at it as a whole - only look at one answer at a time and see if it fits. And last but not least, remember that about 25 of the questions do not count and are to assess students for future testing questions, so if you get some really crazy off the wall questions don't panic. I passed my NCLEX at 85 questions in 1.5 hours last month, came straight home and tried the "Pearson Vue" trick which worked, and found out I passed the next day. Good luck and let us know how you did - you will be fine, just believe in yourself!Hi, I graduated about 3 months ago from a technical high school. Somi got my high school diploma and my nursing certificate. im 18... and im taking my nclex tomorrow. I feel confident but nervous. I graduated with the florence nightingale award i just dont want to fail and have to study all over again! :/ any suggestions? Those who took it.
- Oct 9, '12 by AnimequeenRNGood old pop up= PASS. Wishing you lots of luck!!!!!!