Taking NCLEX next week. Anyone use ATI???Register Today!
This is a discussion on Taking NCLEX next week. Anyone use ATI??? in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... Hey there! Just graduated ADN first of August and taking NCLEX next week. The school I attended...by futrnur Aug 19, '12Hey there! Just graduated ADN first of August and taking NCLEX next week. The school I attended used ATI to prepare us for boards. We had to take a predictor test and score a min of 91% to recieve endorsement. Has anyone that has passed/failed NCLEX use ATI review material? Reading throught the threads I am seeing Kaplan and Hurst, but I am not familar with either. Any tips/suggestions are greatly appreciated
Thank-you in advance
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=773703©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,346 Views
- Aug 19, '12 by NadiaMarieMy school also used ATI throughout our nursing program and so we got access to VATI towards the end of the semester. I used it on Basics and that's it. I thought it was a little silly. I never liked ATI though my whole time in nursing school for some reason though. Everyone I know ended up taking Kaplan...and some used some, little, or no VATI even though we had the access to it. And everyone I know that took Kaplan passed first try so that's what I did. I take my NCLEX this Saturday, Aug. 25th. using Kaplan as pretty much my only resource. I'll let you know how it goes!
- Aug 19, '12 by climbing the ladderI used ATI and passed on friday the 17th..but thats not the only thing I used. I used Kaplan, Exam Cram, Peterson and Lippincott. None of these books really prepare you for the exam..you will see that for yourself..Just prioritize, use your ABC's airway breathing and circulation and safety and that should help you out a little. Hope this helps!
- Aug 19, '12 by futrnurCongrats!!! How many questions did you have?
Thank-you for the tips!
- Aug 19, '12 by futrnurWhen you say took Kaplan do you mean a Kaplan 3 day review?
GOOD LUCK to you!!! We can do this!!
- Aug 19, '12 by zieglarfI'm an LVN not RN, but our school used ATI throughout and the VATI at the end also. Everyone that I know who did the work and got the greenlight has passed the NCLEX. Those who didn't wait for the greenlight -- most passed and some didn't.
ATI gave me a 92% chance to pass, but no greenlight. Someone told me that we needed a 95 or 96% for the greenlight. I took the test anyway and passed with 85 questions. That's the minimum for LVN.
So, I tend to like and recommend the ATI.
- Aug 19, '12 by kh321I passed NCLEX the first time using primarily ATI. I used some other materials as well (LaCharity, NCLEX 4000). I did not use Kaplan or Hurst to prepare.
Best of luck to you!
- Aug 20, '12 by NadiaMarieI used Kaplan which I took in classroom for two weeks (Sat & Sun) ... and then after that had access to all the Question Trainers, QBank, Content Videos, alternate style format quiz, etc. I take my NCLEX this Saturday...I'll let you know how it goes!
- Aug 20, '12 by KyyddQuote from futrnurI just thought I would give a little advice here, I just wrote my NCLEX RN this morning. Had 21 select all that apply and I thought I had died right there! This was my third attempt. First time I used ATI, ended up getting frustrated with it near the end, tried NCLEX, failed. Then paid for the KAPLAN online. That was okay, thought I had found a secret in answering the questions thrown at me at the testing center...but nooo....failed again. I was devastated.... So, after spending many a day and night searching for the best solution, I drove down to Cincinnati from Buffalo and took the live review from Hurst. It was the best thing I had ever done! I havn't officially passed but got the good pop up after 75 questions. Yep, I cried, screamed and cried some more. I feel that after attempting the NCLEX three times I seem to think that most prep courses throw too much information at you. Hurst review tells you the basics and believe me, that is all you need. YOU ARE A BRAND NEW NURSE!! We need to only know the basics of patient safety and priorities. Hope this helps.Hey there! Just graduated ADN first of August and taking NCLEX next week. The school I attended used ATI to prepare us for boards. We had to take a predictor test and score a min of 91% to recieve endorsement. Has anyone that has passed/failed NCLEX use ATI review material? Reading throught the threads I am seeing Kaplan and Hurst, but I am not familar with either. Any tips/suggestions are greatly appreciated
Thank-you in advance
- Aug 28, '12 by futrnurSo how was your boards? Did you do the "pop-up" trick?