Taking nclex 2/13/13 - Page 4Register Today!
- Feb 13 by julz68Quote from St_ClaireI totally agree about taking your time, but don't take TOO much time just in case you get all 265 questions. I was at 74 questions when the pop up came up asking me if I wanted to take a break, which was the 2 hour mark. I declined and went on because I really didn't NEED a break...plus I didn't know if I would be one of the few to get all 265..because that's just my luck. Ha! I ended up with 100 Q's went the screen turned blue in 2hrs 40min. I'm thinking I probably would have ran out of time if I got all 265. Ugh.
When you sit down to take the test, take your time. It took me two full hours to answer 70 questions then I took the mandatory break for ten minutes then went back and answered another 5 questions then I was done.
None of us do well on the SATA questions. Remind yourself when you get them that you are on higher level questions. Smile to yourself then focus. It's a good thing to see the SATA questions!
Good luck tomorrow. You can do this!!!
So, yeah, take your time, but also pace yourself accordingly.
Good luck to everyone!!!
- Feb 13 by DanaikaSt_Claire thank you for your recommendations, I will keep them in my mind. My question do they provide paper and pen at test center? I am assuming you are not allow bring it with, right? I tend to write and analyze the question on paper 1st (I know this is weird) I think without it I would feel limited.
- Feb 13 by Danaikajulz68 thank you! I am sure you did well! I guess it feels good to be with the test. Can't wait to be there too...
- Feb 13 by julz68Quote from DanaikaYou can't have anything in the testing area except your ID & key to your locker if you choose to get one. They provide a white board and a marker. When and if you run out of room, raise your hand and they'll give you a new one.St_Claire thank you for your recommendations, I will keep them in my mind. My question do they provide paper and pen at test center? I am assuming you are not allow bring it with, right? I tend to write and analyze the question on paper 1st (I know this is weird) I think without it I would feel limited.
- Feb 14 by DanaikaJust wanted to update a little bit. I was scheduled for a test at 1pm today, however, the testing center called just after 10 am and said that my sit is open and if I want that I can start my test earlier. So I went there and my test started 5 minutes after 11 am, by 1pm I was already home I got perhaps 14-16 SATA (they were that bad though) and also I got around 7 or more those "put in the right order" questions. No calculation, many many many teaching questions. Anyway, I came home did PVT, it said "our records indicate that you have recently scheduled this exam. please contact your member board for further assistance. another registration cannot be made at this time." I am assuming that this is a good sign. P.S. Many people said that after the test they felt that they failed. I did not have this feeling. I left the room knew that I passed, but when I was driving home started to worry, that I don't worry about my test. Is not it crazy?!
- Feb 14 by RN2BEESOONCongratulations Danika what study tool do you feel most prepared you for nclex
- Feb 15 by DanaikaTHanks RN2BESOON, I used Kaplan only. I think doing as many questions as you can is the most helpful. Good luck!