Studied out of U.S, want NCLEX-RN preparation guidanceRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Studied out of U.S, want NCLEX-RN preparation guidance in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... I studied in India now want to pass nclex rn hopefully in first try. i am very new in us and don't...by raj89 Dec 9, '12I studied in India now want to pass nclex rn hopefully in first try. i am very new in us and don't know what all the stuff is must required for preparation. i did goggling there is lots of stuff which confuses me more. can anybody tell me which book i refer first...thanks in advance.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=801575©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,222 Views
- Dec 9, '12 by Silverdragon102Several books comes up, Saunders Comprehensive review, Hurst, Priority and Delegation as a couple that comes to mind
- Dec 9, '12 by ghimiresabinadont read too many books, just get saunders comprehensive review book first and try to finish and do the cd ............and after u can get kalpan ..........but if u collect too many books u will get confused...............thats what is happening to me rt now ..............dont know which one to start with...............good luck.......
- Dec 10, '12 by raj89thank u so much.. can u tell me which kaplan classes are better, i mean classroom or online.. and i completed my comprehensive saunders do i need to go through it again????
- Dec 10, '12 by hbhallawhich board r u applying for and kaplan online is better but i am a indian did my bsc from india will suggest hurst review........................
- Dec 10, '12 by raj89thanx hbbhalla... hurst have only online classes i think????? right now very confused what should i do????
- Dec 10, '12 by rushhourHey Raj89,
I would highly recommend Kaplan and the free phone apps like lippincott and stuff. That should be good enough...I did not read much though and I just did kaplan (only 700 questions) and then some lippincott. I passed on the first try. I was good in the knowledge stuff though. Depends if you need to know the stuff or review the stuff? Judge yourself and do the free kaplan questions...I dont even recall what they call (may be trainer or something)..they have upto 1-7. They are good. I did from 5-7 though and I found it helpful. Good luck
- Dec 10, '12 by lalita BhandariQuote from raj89HiI studied in India now want to pass nclex rn hopefully in first try. i am very new in us and don't know what all the stuff is must required for preparation. i did goggling there is lots of stuff which confuses me more. can anybody tell me which book i refer first...thanks in advance.
I graduated from Nepal and passed nclex on oct n now searching for jobs. I too recommend Kaplan class room review or online classes n Saunders . I passed nclex with 75 question on first attempt. This was the materials I used for preparation. Good luck
- Dec 12, '12 by caurHi I am from india too and honestly as hbhalla recommended go for hurst and Saunders that's what I am preparing now.....if u want too study online with me than reply.do not be confuse all materials. Are good the thing is what your brain soaks more.....thanks if u need any help let me know I m in california ,we will study together on skype ifuwant....
- Dec 15, '12 by mariajhello
i graduated from India too and i passed Nclex RN first attempt with 75 questions which was a year ago... The material i used was Saunders 5th edition, LAcharity PDA book and NCSBN online 3 weeks course..i just completed the theory part from saunders first and focused on questions.. Ncsbn was really helpful to me..in b/w which board of nursing u appplied? Gud luck!!!