Saunders & PDA reviewerRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Saunders & PDA reviewer in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... Hi all! I finished my Saunders 5th edition and started using the Prioritization, Delegation and...by Kuyafern Jan 2Hi all! I finished my Saunders 5th edition and started using the Prioritization, Delegation and Assignment by La Charity. From the Saunders book I've done the questions per chapter and I've gotten scores averaging of 80. I noticed that the PDA questions are structured differently, and from what I've read here it is almost structured just like the NCLEX. Honestly I am having a hard time and I've been scoring an average of 50, and 60 percent tops.
I get a bit discouraged because Im not used to getting such low scores from saunders. But I told myself, "Hey, it's a completely different book with a different approach, and you will learn from it" I've been reading the rationale from each question and kept on telling myself not to give up.
Aside from these reviewers I'm planning to take the Kaplan online review and Hurst Online review. I know you guys are probably saying "This guy is crazy why not take the exam already" The thing is, I really want to be comfortable and prepared taking the exam. I'm an international graduate, 2012 and taking the nclex this 2013. I wasn't the best student in the program, honestly I didn't try to be one, I just wanted to get it over with and graduate.
If any of you have any suggestions on how I should tackle the questions on the PDA reviewer, i'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you all in advance and it would be amazing to hear some feed back. Oh yeah Happy 2013 everyone! This year will be a huge turning point.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=805532©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,408 Views
- Jan 2 by dragon_ladyDid you get your eligibility yet?
- Jan 2 by KuyafernYes I have! It was just last i received the letter and I now have an ATT to take the NCLEX RN. I'm excited and anxious.
- Jan 2 by dragon_ladyWhich state?
- Jan 2 by KuyafernAK. I've been MIA lately preparing. Just got done with another PDA chapter. I did way better than the others I did. I think it's more on analyzing the question.
- Jan 3 by GODMAKEAWAY4ME2BRNQuote from KuyafernHello . How long did you wait to apply ATT in AK ? Is it unlimited nclex exam( I mean as many as you can ? )thanks I'm pinay and only have 1 last chance in FL . Salamat!AK. I've been MIA lately preparing. Just got done with another PDA chapter. I did way better than the others I did. I think it's more on analyzing the question.
- Jan 3 by dragon_ladyQuote from GODMAKEAWAY4ME2BRNHello!what are the requirements for FL?
Hello . How long did you wait to apply ATT in AK ? Is it unlimited nclex exam( I mean as many as you can ? )thanks I'm pinay and only have 1 last chance in FL . Salamat!
- Jan 3 by GODMAKEAWAY4ME2BRNQuote from dragon_ladyHi dragon_lady you need CES from IERF or CGFNS, then apply to FBON ($204.00)MEDICAL error (online )no need fingerprint
Hello!what are the requirements for FL?
- Jan 3 by Kuyafernhi there. i'm not really sure about how many chances a person has in AK. Good luck to your examination! Believe in yourself and don't stop trying until you achieve your dreams.
My suggestion is don't just memorize and cram. The important thing is applying of what you know to the question, analyze each answer, will it be safe for the patient or will it harm them, can this certain task be delegated to an LPN or a Nurse Assistant. Remember not all medications can be delegated to an LPN. You can do this.
- Jan 4 by GODMAKEAWAY4ME2BRNThanks kabayan! I'm trying to get back to my review . I was so exhausted and not motivated trying to do something slowly. I tried Saunders assessment tonight and got 82% and make me feel happy. At least I know a little bit more than before taking my previous assessments. Keep in touch God bless