Sata - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 25, '12 by Assess&Safety1stGood luck to you.
I will be taking the NCLEX next month.
Do you feel ready for NCLEX?
- Jun 25, '12 by Mya2bRNQuote from MissHaleyDawnOMG, get out of my head!!! This is the exact rollercoaster of anxiety and confidence occupying my thoughts!! lol...good luck to us all!!Thank you! Good luck to you as well! I go between thinking "I can do this, I'm just swinging by to pick up my license," to "Oh my God, what I am doing? Did I even learn anything in nursing school? What the heck is a spleen!?" LOL :spin:
- Jun 25, '12 by MissHaleyDawnQuote from Mya2bRNHaha! I'm starting to think the test is designed to put us through a rollercoaster ride of emotions. When are you testing?OMG, get out of my head!!! This is the exact rollercoaster of anxiety and confidence occupying my thoughts!! lol...good luck to us all!!
- Jun 26, '12 by Mya2bRNQuote from MissHaleyDawnIn a few weeks...only my mom and my honey know the exact date....I don't need the added pressure from family, friends or classmates, so I'm keeping hush hush! hahaHaha! I'm starting to think the test is designed to put us through a rollercoaster ride of emotions. When are you testing?
Just thinking about that day makes me want to puke! I know I will be a complete trainwreck...i hope I don't pass out!! lol... How about yourself? How are you studying?
- Jun 26, '12 by MissHaleyDawnOh, I completely understand the feeling! I should have kept my date secret; now my whole family breaths down my neck. Everyime I see them it's, "Are you ready? The big day is coming!"
I'm nervous, and like I said before, I go back and forth thinking I'll be okay to thinking there's no way I'm walking out of there with a PASS. I've done mainly just Kaplan (live and all the Qbanks and Trainers.) I'm not too confident with my scores, they range from upper 50s to lower and mid 60s with an occassional 75 thrown in. I've done some out of my Lippincott Q&A book and a Lippincott book that just has alternate style format questions in it. Also been flipping through old lecture notes. Just hoping the computer likes me that day!!
How are you preparing?
- Jun 26, '12 by Mya2bRNI just finished my Kaplan live course today. We used Kaplan throughout my program, so we paid for it when we first started school and now that I'm using the NCLEX review portion I don't feel like it was a hefty expense because it was paid for 2 years ago. I think it has great strategies and the Qbank and Qtrainers are challenging which I think is great preparation...but going into the Kaplan review I knew I needed to strengthen my content knowledge and while I purchased the Saunders book, that thing is just too massive and overwhelming and I just couldn't force myself to sit down and read it...it would literally give me ADD...just could not focus. So I ended up purchasing the Hurst review online, which I love and am on my second round of watching the videos and reviewing the workbook. So I've combined Hurst content with Kaplan strategies, qbank and qtrainers. I also have the Lacharity book and the allnurses study guide and THAT'S IT!! (<---that's more of a reminder to myself to not add anymore books or resources to my plan or I will drive myself mad lol). I love this site and it has been soooooo helpful, but I find myself reading what others are using and then second-guessing my plan. I think we all know what works best for us and how we learn/study best that is most effective and efficient. It's just comforting to know that I'm not alone in the level of anxiety I am experiencing. I really didn't anticipate to feel THIS stressed over this test. It's quite excruciating!! lol
- Jun 26, '12 by MissHaleyDawnI wish I should have spent more time on content preparing for this monster than I have. If I fail, I know that content will be my downfall. I wish I had heard about Hurst earlier on; I watched a sample lecture and I remember everything that woman said. lol
My Kaplan breakdown scores have me terrified. As a whole, my scores are okay. But seeing the categories broken down, I'm like, "errm, well then." Certain qbank quizzes I'll knock a category out of the water, another quiz I'll do pitiful in the same category. But with three days to go and my Qbank completed, I guess all I can do is pray really hard that it's in God's will that I pass.
I know I wouldn't be half as worried if I didn't have a job at stake in all of this. Darn that hospital for putting this stress on me! And I agree, the only other time I've been this worried about an exam was my school's final exam to escape the clutches of the School of Nursing to be able to collect my diploma!