. The nurse assesses a prolonged deceleration of the fetal heart rate while the client is receiving oxytocin IV to stimulate labor. The priority nursing intervention would be to
1. discontinue the infusion.
2. turn client to the left side.
3. change the fluids to LR.
4. increase the IV flow rate.
(1) correct-will decrease contractions and thus possibly remove uterine pressure to the fetus,
which is possibly cause of deceleration
(2) may help the deceleration, but is not a priority
(3) will have no influence on the fetal heart rate
(4) will have no influence on the fetal heart rate