Florida Board of Nurses Florida Board of Nursing » Licensed Practical Nurse & Registered Nurse by Endorsement
For Licensure by Endorsement, the requirements are as follows and can be found in Section 464.009, F.S.:
Applicants are eligible for licensure by endorsement when they hold a valid license to practice professional or practical nursing in another state or territory of the United States.
Applicants are eligible for licensure by endorsement when they have successfully completed the State Board Test Pool Examination (SBTPE) or the NCLEX.
Applicants are eligible for licensure by endorsement when they have actively practiced nursing in another state, jurisdiction, or territory of the United States for 2 of the preceding 3 years without having his or her license acted against by the licensing authority of any jurisdiction.
All applications are reviewed for completeness within 30 days of receipt of the application.
- Applicant must submit application with the appropriate fees to the Board of Nursing.
- Applicant schedules an electronic fingerprint appointment with a Livescan service provider and is fingerprinted.
- Applicant must contact licensing board where their initial and active licenses are held and request verification be sent to the Florida Board of Nursing.
- Once all materials are submitted, an application specialist will review them. It may be necessary for the application specialist to request additional information.
- When all requirements are met the license will be issued.
$175.00 Application and Licensing Fee to Board of Nursing
Fee varies for Livescan Service Provider
Fee varies for License Verification