Passed NCLEX-RN, first tryRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Passed NCLEX-RN, first try in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... hello! i just want to thank everyone in this forum for all the help that i got for my nclex. my...by acissej Feb 8, '09hello! i just want to thank everyone in this forum for all the help that i got for my nclex. my favorite forums are:
-anyoone up for random fact throwing??
-filipino nurses who passed the nclex without the help of review center
and i particularly like the threads started by nclex passers who shared their tips.
i guess it's my turn now
i took nclex last february 05, 2009 - thursday. i am a foreign educated nurse so i have to go to another city to take it. i did not get enough sleep because we had to go somewhere the night before the exam. it was unavoidable so please don't follow my example. i also stopped studying two weeks before my exam because a friend of mine passed away and i have to go to the wake and was just not in the mood of studying.
so i was surprised and thankful when i stopped @ 75 and passed! i studied for less than three months and i have no review center. i just read the whole saunders compre book. i used lippincott q&a but only answered a few chapters. i finished the whole book of prioritization, delegation and assignment by lacharity. i also did kaplan strat book and cd. i also finished the question trainers from kaplan. i answered a total of 4000-5000 questions. i rested on sundays and holidays. i did not force myself to study if i am not feeling well. there were times when i would just spend half of the day swimming and then sleeping but afterwards, i would make sure that i accomplish something. i printed an organizer and wrote the chapters that i have to finish during that day. i also did suzanne's first and second tips but added a few things that i have mentioned above. her plan is so nice and practical. highly recommended!
so.... what made me pass?
i don't think it was my effort, books, intelligence or strength. it was god who was guiding me during the review period and even during the exam. so i give him all the glory and praise. i had no review center but jesus was with me. i stopped studying two weeks before the exam yet his wisdom sustained me. i was not in perfect shape during the exam because of my lack of sleep yet he became my strength.
bottomline? trust the lord and always acknowledge him in everything you do. he will surely guide you. be faithful too in your review 'coz it's your way of sowing the seeds for the lord to multiply.
god bless everyone!
Last edit by acissej on Feb 8, '09
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=368901©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 23,682 Views
- Feb 8, '09 by caliotter3
- Feb 8, '09 by nhlkyncongratulations. i am a foreign educated nurse too. graduated in2003. now preparing for nclex. i am using saunders nclex rn 4th edition. and going to follow suzanne's plan . is that enough for me ? my test date is in april. so have 2 month. do you suggest anything that work for me to pass first time ?
- Feb 8, '09 by MelinurseCongradulations.
- Feb 8, '09 by Silverdragon102Congratulations
- Feb 8, '09 by acissejQuote from nhlkynI believe it would depend on your pace and you really have to be serious about it. Others reviewed for as long as 6 months or as short as 2 weeks. I don't think it's about the quantity or the amount of time you have. It's more of the quality of your review. I know you can do it by God's grace. Yes, try Suzanne's plan I liked the way she organized everything. But she requires that you follow everything exactly as instructed so there is a time requirement. It can work for those who are working or for those who are just reviewing.congratulations. i am a foreign educated nurse too. graduated in2003. now preparing for nclex. i am using saunders nclex rn 4th edition. and going to follow suzanne's plan . is that enough for me ? my test date is in april. so have 2 month. do you suggest anything that work for me to pass first time ?
God bless you! If you have any more concerns, don't hesitate to ask. :heartbeat
- Feb 8, '09 by nhlkynthank you so much. i will keep in touch with you. thanks for your advice.
- Feb 14, '09 by Swede86Congratulations! That is really great news. Thanks for sharing your strategies!
- Feb 15, '09 by LadySnyperIm foreign educated too, and passed on first try...
I always told my friends if they really want to be 100% confident, go read a million books about nursing. But since we cant, we can only trust God...
I waited painfully for the result, but thankful coz i found out they really believed in me...my family prayed for me...
God helped me. My result was one big miracle.
- Feb 15, '09 by winsome08Congratulations: All that hard work has just paid off and now you've moved to the next level.